Meat shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. It's been like this for about a month and a half. As far as I know, all locations have stopped all day breakfast as well.

As far as the price meat seems to be going, I wonder how long before chain steak houses go out of business? I don't know a lot of people that would spend $50 a person to go to Texas Road House.
I was at McDonalds for breakfast just last week, a couple of different days and there was no shortage then. I am curious now.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you engage in an argument about meat, you don’t have to crush your adversary and dance on his grave.
Unless adversary is telling me I have more money than brains because I can buy stuffed chops at Cosseys. That may be in fact true but If I outspend my wisdom then its my fault.
I ate poor food growing up and thought that was the norm, and it was back in the day I guess but I've set a new norm.
And he thinks GC is a 5 star eatery. :angry3:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The packer we use has only gone up $10/head on the kill fee.

Every packer around here is booked up. We had to wait 8 weeks to get ours in, and the guy is now already booked solid through October. He has a huge deer processing clientele, so he’s not booking any cattle or pigs from November to January. Over the years, the USDA has squeezed nearly all the packers out in my area of East Texas, and the few that are left can barely keep up.

The guy my dad has known for years and has used before said he can't keep folks hired. So the ones who do stay are definitely busy.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw on ONR that Dunagan meat company, near Guthrie sells quarter, half and whole cattle beef directly to the public.

https://www.dunagan-farms.com/

Some of you guys with freezers should go in on least a quarter of beef.

My brother butchers steers and sells them too. I think he sold about 8 last fall to folks. The quarter we bought has been awesome. I need to hit him up about buying some steaks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom