Meat slicer recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this has been discussed recently but I couldn't find the thread...

Anyway, I'm curing a couple pork bellies to make bacon and was hoping some of y'all might have some recommendations on a slicer. Will a 7" work? Are 10" or 12" slicers going to be better? I know some say slicing bacon on anything but a large commercial unit is a pain, and others that say that's not necessary. We don't like overly thick bacon so I'd rather not slice with a knife.

I figure this will be an investment that I can also use to prep meat for jerky...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this has been discussed recently but I couldn't find the thread...

Anyway, I'm curing a couple pork bellies to make bacon and was hoping some of y'all might have some recommendations on a slicer. Will a 7" work? Are 10" or 12" slicers going to be better? I know some say slicing bacon on anything but a large commercial unit is a pain, and others that say that's not necessary. We don't like overly thick bacon so I'd rather not slice with a knife.

I figure this will be an investment that I can also use to prep meat for jerky...
What ever you pick, look for new with a manual use option if they make one.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is the thread you were thinking of. Slicers were mentioned but not thoroughly discussed.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/meat-locker.315425/
I don’t have any personal experience, but have good things about avanco (spelling?) and Hobart. For a home model I’ve heard mixed reviews about Weston. Like anything, it’s gonna depend on your budget. You can spend $100, or I’ve seen some go for as high as $11k plus.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a big commercial one and a small home kitchen one. For limited use the small kitchen one would be enough for bacon and jerky . Depending on how large the slab is could pose problems with the length of stroke to get all the way through .

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is the thread you were thinking of. Slicers were mentioned but not thoroughly discussed.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/meat-locker.315425/
I don’t have any personal experience, but have good things about avanco (spelling?) and Hobart. For a home model I’ve heard mixed reviews about Weston. Like anything, it’s gonna depend on your budget. You can spend $100, or I’ve seen some go for as high as $11k plus.
I second this , stick with the commercial or as close to commercial as you can get. I have been looking for a used commercial model for a while

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobart is good stuff.

Wish I hadn't sold mine, but at the time, it was necessary.

The ones at Academy aren't bad and worth a look, for limited use. Son used one for brisket and jerky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom