meat $$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Commiefornia is always way expensive. That being said I have purchased wagyu ribeyes before from a butcher shop here in Oklahoma (the meat was imported) and paid $50 a pound! It was for a special occasion and they were amazing

so I guess it depends what cut he was getting. If he’s paying that much for a chuck roast then that’s pretty bad

I am fortunate to live out in the country and raise a couple pigs/chickens/ducks/quail and my neighbors raise cows. Try to buy as little meat from grocery stores as possible. It’s a lot of work, but totally worth it especially in times like these

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t worry, plenty will be moving out and coming straight to Oklahoma. That way they can completely F up our state as well…
We need a border wall on Oklahoma!!
I must echo that sentiment! I even live in a rural area, and I keep meeting more and more people who are moving here from California. I find that a “California conservative“ is usually more of a center/left/moderate type person. Even when they think they are conservative, they are too steeped in that west coast culture to really understand.

i’m speaking from experience here, I even have a brother-in-law who moved to Oklahoma from California a few years ago.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must echo that sentiment! I even live in a rural area, and I keep meeting more and more people who are moving here from California. I find that a “California conservative“ is usually more of a center/left/moderate type person. Even when they think they are conservative, they are too steeped in that west coast culture to really understand.

i’m speaking from experience here, I even have a brother-in-law who moved to Oklahoma from California a few years ago.
I suspect the same is true for many of those moving in from the northeast as well. I have an acquaintance that moved from upstate New York to Oklahoma. He claims to be a Conservative. However, my assessment of his positions is that he is in the political center at best. I’m not saying this is true for all who claim to be Conservative in the blue states, but there seems to be differences in the definition of “Conservative“ based on regions of the country.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect the same is true for many of those moving in from the northeast as well. I have an acquaintance that moved from upstate New York to Oklahoma. He claims to be a Conservative. However, my assessment of his positions is that he is in the political center at best. I’m not saying this is true for all who claim to be Conservative in the blue states, but there seems to be differences in the definition of “Conservative“ based on regions of the country.
One thing to note is where these people come from in the states. If you look at California or New York the overwhelming majority of the counties outside the major metropolises are actually red.

If they came from one of the major metropolises which are predominantly blue then that’s Progressive liberal land. The people that live in the rule areas share a lot in common with the people that are here in Oklahoma. Hard-working and don’t care for the progress of BS

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

I heard an old man from Alaska say once, people move here to get away from the crowd, but they are not here 6 months until they are trying top make it, just like the place they fled!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Commiefornia is always way expensive. That being said I have purchased wagyu ribeyes before from a butcher shop here in Oklahoma (the meat was imported) and paid $50 a pound! It was for a special occasion and they were amazing

so I guess it depends what cut he was getting. If he’s paying that much for a chuck roast then that’s pretty bad

I am fortunate to live out in the country and raise a couple pigs/chickens/ducks/quail and my neighbors raise cows. Try to buy as little meat from grocery stores as possible. It’s a lot of work, but totally worth it especially in times like these
Good Steaks are kinda like Jerry Clowers horse blankets! The more we pay for them, the better we like them! The last Time I went to Molly's Landing one of the most respected, and expensive, steak houses in this area, I ordered a rib eye, and got a chuck steak! I have been in the meat business since I worked with my day in the summer when I was 15 years old, have done nothing but cut steaks, 8 hours a day, for Tulsa Beef, and Prevision, that supply just about every steak house in a 100+ mile radus of Tulsa! Like everything else, if yo.u want to know how to identify a good steak, spend a little time studying how to do that! As beef prices go up, the temtation grows greater that restaurants will substitute cheaper cuts, and/or cheaper grades of beef, to save money! The best place I know of in the Tulsa area, to actually get what you pay for in a good steak, is Texas Roadhouse! They have steaks on display as you enter in a meat case. They look like Yield 1, or 2, Choice beef to me, and they do a great job cooking them to order! These restaurants are super busy, FOR GOOD REASON, but are worth the wait, in my opinion!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Steaks are kinda like Jerry Clowers horse blankets! The more we pay for them, the better we like them! The last Time I went to Molly's Landing one of the most respected, and expensive, steak houses in this area, I ordered a rib eye, and got a chuck steak! I have been in the meat business since I worked with my day in the summer when I was 15 years old, have done nothing but cut steaks, 8 hours a day, for Tulsa Beef, and Prevision, that supply just about every steak house in a 100+ mile radus of Tulsa! Like everything else, if yo.u want to know how to identify a good steak, spend a little time studying how to do that! As beef prices go up, the temtation grows greater that restaurants will substitute cheaper cuts, and/or cheaper grades of beef, to save money! The best place I know of in the Tulsa area, to actually get what you pay for in a good steak, is Texas Roadhouse! They have steaks on display as you enter in a meat case. They look like Yield 1, or 2, Choice beef to me, and they do a great job cooking them to order! These restaurants are super busy, FOR GOOD REASON, but are worth the wait, in my opinion!
I'm in hopes of butchering our own meats in the not toooo distant future. If you could and would be of help put a like on this and I'll holler when or if that day comes around bro.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in hopes of butchering our own meats in the not toooo distant future. If you could and would be of help put a like on this and I'll holler when or if that day comes around bro.
Commercially produced meat, beef, chicken, pork, etc. are fed antibiotics, styeroids, and anything else that will make the producer money. When we eat that meat, we get this stuff, that has been ruled safe for consumption, but, those standards change, as we learn more! The only real way to know what we are eating is to grow it and butcher it, ourselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom