Medical Marijuana and gun ownership/possession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope the people gathering signatures were checking ID. An airport would be a great place to get a lot of signatures from nonresidents...signatures which would, of course, be invalid.

I suddenly find myself questioning the "halfway there" claim--not that they don't have that many signatures, but that they don't have that many valid signatures.

I'd like to see them gathering signatures outside of the county courthouses, especially in the bigger cities and/or the ones with a lot of drug busts.
I bet these guys are smart enough to know to check IDs. Just a guess.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing them on the streets of both Colorado Springs and numerous cities in Oregon. In addition to those that just want the MJ, Oregon is loaded with homeless people who might very well have gotten to that stage because of excessive use of MJ and other drugs.

We also worked with an addiction support group there in Oregon. Some of their "clients" came over to the facility where we served as hosts to work on various jobs like road repair, painting fences, etc. Visiting with those "clients," I came away with the distinct impression that most all of them blamed their problems on either alcohol or drugs. But, at least most of them were getting straightened out.

My grandparents retired to the Durango area. We have gone out as many times as we could since 1969. Never been panhandled in town until RM passed. I can’t go into town without some smelly,dirty person come up to ask for money. That never happed beforeRM. We’ve come to know a few local LEO’s and they tell us that petty crime has skyrocketed. Auto break ins, bicycle and kayak theft, shoplifting,etc.
I’m all for MEDICAL use but there are down sides to everything.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or they called themselves heads as in short for potheads.
I believe the point was there's a difference between people who use marijuana, and "stoners" or "potheads," just as there's a difference between people who drink, and "drunks" or "alcoholics."

Some people just don't seem to grasp the distinction. And I suspect that they also don't grasp the concept of "irony," as they're likely drinkers.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the point was there's a difference between people who use marijuana, and "stoners" or "potheads," just as there's a difference between people who drink, and "drunks" or "alcoholics."

Some people just don't seem to grasp the distinction. And I suspect that they also don't grasp the concept of "irony," as they're likely drinkers.
I was just telling you what they used to identify themselves. Myself, I thought they were an easygoing bunch.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandparents retired to the Durango area. We have gone out as many times as we could since 1969. Never been panhandled in town until RM passed. I can’t go into town without some smelly,dirty person come up to ask for money. That never happed beforeRM. We’ve come to know a few local LEO’s and they tell us that petty crime has skyrocketed. Auto break ins, bicycle and kayak theft, shoplifting,etc.
LMAO, no one used pot in CO before it became legal... give me a friggin break blaming all that crap on RM passage.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO, no one used pot in CO before it became legal... give me a friggin break blaming all that crap on RM passage.
They couldn’t take the money and walk straight over to the dispensary.
I guess that makes me a liar and you an expert on everything.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I never got hit up for money by the homeless people downtown until MAPS passed. BAN MAPS!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom