Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not a post about making it legal and such...but here goes.
Do you think its all people claim it to be? Seems it is claimed to cure everything from glaucoma to Alzheimers to cerebral palsy to ingrown toe nails.

I for one do not...I'm not saying it couldnt have some medicinal purposes but I am not a believer its the miracle drug the FDA is trying to hide the benefits of that some claim.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may have some benefits, but like you said, it is NOT the end-all and be-all cure a lot of the proponents would have you believe. It is just like any other drug, it has some qualities that people want for various reasons, some of which MAY be beneficial in certain health conditions, but it also has some downsides that most of the backers will not tell you about or even acknowledge and will significantly downplay in any discussion. This is the hallmark of non-scientific, non-objective and politicized activism.

One thing that is difficult to get around is that because it is a Schedule I drug, it cannot be used in research - therefore, we don't truly know, and WON'T know, until that is changed.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also wonder if it actually helps with any of the symptoms or just dulls ya down enough to where you dont care about the pain/vision issues/etc and are just in a basic comatose state.
It sure is interesting seeing all the stuff online from the proponents. Heck, if it did HALF of what they claim it would be amazing haha.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that is difficult to get around is that because it is a Schedule I drug, it cannot be used in research..
That statement right there should open lots of eyes and bring forth lots of questions.

Why is a MJ in the same category as Herioin, LSD, and Psilocybin.? Big Pharma has done some wonderful things, but IMO, if big Pharma can't control 100% of it, they don't want anybody else to reap its benefits.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are nation founded on standing up to the man. Standing up to the man can either be the King or an elected government. When the simple minded do not truly understand our governmental or economic systems, they jump on what ever boat is around. When you are drowning and do not know how to swim anything that floats will be the best flotation device ever. Liberals will toss everything that floats in the water, even if maybe more dangerous than drowning. Liberals do not care about the people, they just need them to vote to give liberals power. Medical Marijuana is merely one of those floatation devices, and the great part about it, people will vote and not care that they are still drowning.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a lady i know is very ill and has been fighting cancer for about 4 years. she's on almost constant chemo, pot helps her with the nausea and pain.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
a lady i know is very ill and has been fighting cancer for about 4 years. she's on almost constant chemo, pot helps her with the nausea and pain.
and they don't have legal drugs that will do the same thing? I find it amazing how everybody knows the same old lady that enjoys getting high.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a cure all? No. Does have definitive benefits? Absolutely. My mom had cancer, it helped her eat. It took too long for us to get her on it, so she didn't make it, but while she was taking it, it made a difference.

It can help cure people with opioid addictions, that's real. A friend of mine has been on morphine tabs for 2 decades, for his back pain. If he misses a dose, it gets really bad. If he takes a couple puffs and forgets to take his morphine, he doesn't even notice.

After a week of proper dosing, you get used to it and build up a tolerance. At that point, using it medicinally is not a big deal. You wouldn't even know the person in front of you was medicated.

it does not dull your senses, in most cases it heightens them. It is an anti-spasmodic, which is why they use it to treat kids with seizures. I have a "friend" who get really bad muscle spams that put him at a level 8-9 pain level. they last 30-60 minutes, not long enough to take nsaids. One puff at the onset and by the time the water in the shower is hot (a hot bath helps), the pain is gone. They usually hit around 2-5 am, wrecks your sleep, and sometimes they double-flare, so it fires back up an hour later. He has had two episodes in the last 8 months, before it was every2-3 weeks. It was not debilitating, but it gets to you, and you worry about having an episode, because it puts you down for a while.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and they don't have legal drugs that will do the same thing? I find it amazing how everybody knows the same old lady that enjoys getting high.
No. Cancer drugs make you sick, the pharmaceuticals that help with nausea are not effective for people in chemo or late stage cancer.

My mom never experienced a high, but she was taking a lot. It helps immensely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom