Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been, and you may of too, to places where MJ is legal. The vast majority of the people using are not in any pain, which is my point. They are younger people getting high. My dad died of cancer, he was in pain and scared. I don't care if MJ treats any symptoms, other than keeping someone from being scared to die. If it could be limited to people who really need it, then that's a point. However, go to Colorado Springs and see who walks in and out of there medical dispensaries, its not old people in pain. Colorado Spring, El Paso County, you still need a prescription to get marijuana. Because the majority of people with MJ prescriptions are not ill, makes all arguments for how it is the cure all drug for old people invalid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drugs can be made at home too and not be taxed. One can't use that statement to justify it.
I'm a child of the late 60's in High School. I've never smoked weed. Been to hundreds of concerts and private gatherings where the joint was passed along, just never partook.
The "medical Mary Jane in Commifornika is a joke. You walk into a doctor, say you have a headache, you get a prescription.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drugs can be made at home too and not be taxed. One can't use that statement to justify it.
I'm a child of the late 60's in High School. I've never smoked weed. Been to hundreds of concerts and private gatherings where the joint was passed along, just never partook.
The "medical Mary Jane in Commifornika is a joke. You walk into a doctor, say you have a headache, you get a prescription.
That is the same observation I have made, its a joke.
By the way, my apple cider turned out great I back sweetened it with frozen apple juice concentrate.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm Indian, I just like stuff sweet.
A buddy is a legal immigrant, now naturalized citizen from the british isles. He told me the apple trees there that are used for making cider have been developed over a hundred years to be extremely tart. I'm assuming they did like you and added some sweetener to taste for the brand.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been, and you may of too, to places where MJ is legal. The vast majority of the people using are not in any pain, which is my point. They are younger people getting high. My dad died of cancer, he was in pain and scared. I don't care if MJ treats any symptoms, other than keeping someone from being scared to die. If it could be limited to people who really need it, then that's a point. However, go to Colorado Springs and see who walks in and out of there medical dispensaries, its not old people in pain. Colorado Spring, El Paso County, you still need a prescription to get marijuana. Because the majority of people with MJ prescriptions are not ill, makes all arguments for how it is the cure all drug for old people invalid.

The discussion pertains to MM does it not? Comparing the validity of medical use and pointing to a state where it's nearly completely legal is Strawman at best. I do find it interesting that you somehow believe your anecdotes allow you to superficially diagnose everyone.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you want to talk about recreational use, that is a different conversation.

But i know a woman who uses it for her PTSD after her tours in Iraq. You can't tell by looking at her if she is in 'pain', but she does benefit from MJ. I guess she could just sneak a drink now and then, since that is legal and all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom