Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drugs can be made at home too and not be taxed. One can't use that statement to justify it.
I'm a child of the late 60's in High School. I've never smoked weed. Been to hundreds of concerts and private gatherings where the joint was passed along, just never partook.
The "medical Mary Jane in Commifornika is a joke. You walk into a doctor, say you have a headache, you get a prescription.

headaches can be debilitating, for what it is worth.

and they don't always respond to OTC or heavier drugs. I'm guessing you aren't making percocet at home, though.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to talk about recreational use, that is a different conversation.

But i know a woman who uses it for her PTSD after her tours in Iraq. You can't tell by looking at her if she is in 'pain', but she does benefit from MJ. I guess she could just sneak a drink now and then, since that is legal and all...

I went to Iraq, and I am not buying what you are selling.

The discussion pertains to MM does it not? Comparing the validity of medical use and pointing to a state where it's nearly completely legal is Strawman at best. I do find it interesting that you somehow believe your anecdotes allow you to superficially diagnose everyone.

The Thread is about MJ not MM. You see the same thing in California. However, in Colorado MJ is taxed at 2.9% where MM is taxed at 12.9% both have local sales tax. Most residents of Colorado are still using MJ and not MM. Therefore, no it is not a strawman.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Medical Marijuana in Colorado:
Tax Rate:
Colorado medical marijuana purchasesare subject to a 2.9% state sales tax, plus local sales tax from about 3-10%.

Recreational Marijuana in Colorado:
Tax Rate:
In addition to the state tax rate of 2.9% and local sales tax, recreational marijuana purchases are subject to a 10% retail marijuana tax. Retail marijuana purchases also include an excess tax of 15%, which is rolled into the price of the product.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throw away the recreational smoking and the THC in cannabis, what's left is Non-High inducing Cannabinoids(CBD's), which interest me. There are over 60-80 different Cannabinoids in Cannabis that may have beneficial medical qualities. Right now only a few of them have been looked at because research is being hindered by Cannabis's schedule I classification. It's ridiculous that Non THC cannabinoid compounds aren't being researched.

It's extremely hypocritical for those that sit in their comfy chairs at night, getting loaded up on nicotine cigars and downing glass after glass of bourbon, then tell others how wrong they are in their choice of how to "unwind".

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Thread is about MJ not MM. You see the same thing in California. However, in Colorado MJ is taxed at 2.9% where MM is taxed at 12.9% both have local sales tax. Most residents of Colorado are still using MJ and not MM. Therefore, no it is not a strawman.

Keep clicking those heels and it might come true. Last I checked the heading states as such and the OP's statement kind of sealed the deal. LOL.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throw away the recreational smoking and the THC in cannabis, what's left is Non-High inducing Cannabinoids(CBD's), which interest me. There are over 60-80 different Cannabinoids in Cannabis that may have beneficial medical qualities. Right now only a few of them have been looked at because research is being hindered by Cannabis's schedule I classification. It's ridiculous that Non THC cannabinoid compounds aren't being researched.

It's extremely hypocritical for those that sit in their comfy chairs at night, getting loaded up on nicotine cigars and downing glass after glass of bourbon, then tell others how wrong they are in their choice of how to "unwind".
I don't smoke or drink bourbon.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a child of the 70's. Any law against pot is ludicrous. Make it legal, tax it and let everyone that's is jail for it, out.
The fact you can grow it in your yard, if you want, (and can't be taxed that way) it's illegal.
Makes no sense.
Prescription drugs are much worse (don't get me wrong...I DON'T WANT PRESCRIPTION DRUGS OUTLAWED...Ha!)

I agree with you. Tax the crap out of it and let's give the teachers a pay raise. People who wanna smoke dope, gonna smoke dope. What we gonna do? Stop it? Not happening. Legalize it. Tax it. Pay the teachers fairly. (But first; let's fix the system that has spawned so many unnecessary school districts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom