Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is, I was the KING of the Space Shuttle pinball machine back in the 80's. That was enough of a reason back then.

3ccbe006fbea281ce22f05680d3da954.jpg

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about driving while high? Or high plus a few beers? Is there an accurate test for mj in the system?

Tests on airline pilots showed not only impairment under the influence of mj, but a strong hangover impairment many hours later. What would that do to Highway Safety in our state?

What about coming to work high? Would employers need to drug test employees to make sure they weren't impaired while driving or operating heavy machinery? Are there accurate tests available?

I think legalized mj brings up a host of questions that need examination.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about driving while high? Or high plus a few beers? Is there an accurate test for mj in the system?

Tests on airline pilots showed not only impairment under the influence of mj, but a strong hangover impairment many hours later. What would that do to Highway Safety in our state?

What about coming to work high? Would employers need to drug test employees to make sure they weren't impaired while driving or operating heavy machinery? Are there accurate tests available?

Same applies to prescription meds....

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you're going to start testing, then you will have to include all Benzos; Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Flexeril, etc., as well as Painkillers, especially Opiods. How many people do you currently think drive around F'd up on legal meds?

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there are good tests available (even at home testing) for opioids and many Rx drugs. I may be remembering wrong, but I believe I read that there was some problem testing for mj use to see if someone was currently high.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are good tests available (even at home testing) for opioids and many Rx drugs. I may be remembering wrong, but I believe I read that there was some problem testing for mj use to see if someone was currently high.

Really only a blood test with show if a person is actively high, and only if done within in a few hours. Other tests can identify metabolites, which are the remnants of the use after the body breaks down the THC. This doesn't mean the person is actively high, just shows the have used recently. How long it shows up depends on metabolism, body fat, or the amount of use. I.e. Chronic smokers may take longer before the traces disappear from your system.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't make any difference what anyone uses, as long as they pass a field sobriety test. No pass = go to jail, whatever they're taking, MJ, Alcohol, Prescription meds. Exception being Diabetics who might be having a medical emergency..

Latest posts

Top Bottom