Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Marijuana is no more intoxicating or harmful than alcohol. People that believe differently, probably believed their mother when she told them that women have teeth down stairs.
Yeah, but alcohol is bad.

I really don't think mj is as intoxicating or harmful as alcohol. But I do think it's an issue when driving or operating heavy machinery

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a few too many of the posters here bought into the Reefer Madness...

first of all, mj use among teens and young people is flat in Colorado. It is folks in the 30-60s who are buying more of it. http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/28/colorado-teens-marijuana-use-legalization-study/

MJ is the only "drug" that literally cannot kill you from use. Of course that does mean that you can't get killed while high, but the drug itself cannot possibly kill you. That is because THC does not affect the pre-Bötzinger complex in the brain stem, where all of your life-functions are managed. Everything else out there, coke, opioids, etc relax everything in your brain, including the pre-Bötzinger complex. THC only affects the cannabinoid receptors that are located in the large mass of the brain. It is scientifically impossible to OD on THC.

As to CBDs, these are often considered the medical components of MJ, and they work, but they have been shown to work better when combined with THC. Synthetic versions of MJ are so ludicrously ineffective most docs won't even bother prescribing them.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not a post about making it legal and such...but here goes.
Do you think its all people claim it to be? Seems it is claimed to cure everything from glaucoma to Alzheimers to cerebral palsy to ingrown toe nails.

I for one do not...I'm not saying it couldnt have some medicinal purposes but I am not a believer its the miracle drug the FDA is trying to hide the benefits of that some claim.

I know plenty of people who have used it during chemo and all of them swear by it. My father is undergoing chemo now and has asked for some and the nurse even told us if we can get it illegally then they have our support, though they would never write that in the reports, if you catch my drift.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also am a former Washington state resident and have visited Amsterdam numerous times. It's really not much of a problem even under full legalization. Though Washington isn't like Colorado. Colorado is much more loose with its regulation.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The smoke is not as bad for you in the sense that it is an occasional thing. Even if you smoked a joint every day, its one, maybe two, not a pack. And MJ does not have the carcinogens in the smoke that cigarettes do, it simply isn't there. And the other methods, such as vaporizers and oil vapes don't have the smoke at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom