Medicare - Humana - is now Centerwell Pharmacy. Why won't they process a credit card payment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would consider contacting the drug mfg. and tell them this story that someone is making an arbitrary decision that they won't sell you this expensive drug. That won't sit well with them and we all know what kind of clout they have. You could even ask if they can provide any financial assistance toward the price of the drug.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're having to pay for the meds yourself, why can't you take the prescription to an independent pharmacy? I'd think that there are plenty of local pharmacies that should be able to help.
It is a specialty drug only certain pharmacies can even get. I could only get it in one store here in OKC before I got on medicare. I was assured the drug was in medicare's schedule before I switched. It is but it is also a different nomenclature and drug number than what is written in the federal drug schedule book therefore medicare won't pay. Clear as mud?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a specialty drug only certain pharmacies can even get. I could only get it in one store here in OKC before I got on medicare. I was assured the drug was in medicare's schedule before I switched. It is but it is also a different nomenclature and drug number than what is written in the federal drug schedule book therefore medicare won't pay. Clear as mud?
Dang, that sucks. Sounds like a gov't operation, sadly enough...

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think contacting the drug mfg. is your next step. They won't like it that medicare is playing games here and might help you out.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Switch insurance companies to united health care and try them

Bad advice. Medicare is the primary, whomever he has on his part D is the secondary. If medicare won't cover it, then the secondary won't either.

Highly suggest calling the drug company and asking for assistance navigating the medicare red tape. Not sure why the pharmacy wouldn't let you pay out of pocket though.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad advice. Medicare is the primary, whomever he has on his part D is the secondary. If medicare won't cover it, then the secondary won't either.

Highly suggest calling the drug company and asking for assistance navigating the medicare red tape. Not sure why the pharmacy wouldn't let you pay out of pocket though.
Maybe more going on here than we know but I know for certain some insurance companies are flaky and a change of insurance companies can work wonders

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea of what you are taking, but if you are paying full price for the medicine, check on Good RX and their "help" for prescription pricing. Time was, the wife didn't have medical after we retired and was that way for 3 years. She used GoodRX and found that buying her prescriptions was cheaper with them than with our old employment drug plan.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eliquis? Can you get the drug manufacture program discount to get it for free or very cheaply?
Based on his later description, I'm pretty sure it's not Eliquis, but if it were, you could very likely get help from the manufacturer. My dad got put on Eliquis, and he got into a program from the manufacturer where they sent it to him for free. Of course, they didn't get their act together until he was in hospice, so they sent him four bottles of it where the outer packaging never even got opened...

Latest posts

Top Bottom