Medicare - Humana - is now Centerwell Pharmacy. Why won't they process a credit card payment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is going to be a weird thread.

The background. I have a heart condition caused by my life choices and cholesterol intake. I had a quad bypass and several stents since 2010. I have since made more life choices and have changed my diet a lot but that is neither here nor there in this thread. I'm just stopping that conversation before it gets started.

The heart doctor has put me on a very expensive medicine I have to pay for myself. My medicare drug pharmacy keeps taking it upon themselves to NOT fill the prescription because they have just arbitrarily decided I cannot afford it. There is one for the books!

This has been going on for over a year. Me ordering a refill, the doctor telling the Rx to fill the prescription, and the RX refusing to do so because, why?

I can go online, request the refill, get through the process, give them my credit card information and then I start receiving phone calls from the Centerwell Pharmacy. THese phone calls are not just any ordinary phone call. They start out by me verifying who I am and their computer waiting upon my verbal answer. Before I can answer, they hang up on me. I can call that exact same number back and there is no way on God's green earth to ever get a human being on the line, it is totally automated. In addition to this, if it doesn't get a verbal answer from me within its parameters, it, again, hangs up on me.

I go online and call their main number and get the unusually high call volume bullsht would I like to wait on the line question. Well buddy, you started this sheet I'm going to finish it and I have my phone on a charger. Let's dance!

Your wait time is thirty seconds. WTF? We'll see.

Thirty seconds later and "DON" from Mumbai gets on the line. I nicely explain the doctor has seen fit for me to have this drug. I then said I went online to refill the drug and give them my CC information which they take but don't use. I get no confirmation number from the transaction. Then the next day, today, they call me wanting my CC information again. I tell them no, just process the payment as it was supposed to be processed last night. Then I ask why they did not process it. "DON" says it was decided it was too expensive for you to purchase. :yikes2:

Who the *** decided to not charge my card toward a drug you have no say so in prescribing and have no idea if I can afford it or not?

I was on the phone with "DON for over an hour and he was back and forth with someone making higher decisions. I will admit I got short with the guy especially when he called me an excitable individual.

I was also asking "DON" to send me an email with the confirmation number he recited over the phone. So far, I have not received that email and yes, I have been checking my spam and junk mail folders.

So, Now I have a 10 digit confirmation number on a drug I may or may not have on order for refill.

Please keep in mind this has happened several times in the prior two years. I usually blow it off because I get the drugs but this is getting ridiculous

.What if any, is my recourse?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am confused by one thing. You say you have to pay for it yourself, so why is medicare involved? Are you meaning you have to pay the copay yourself and medicare pays the rest? If you are picking up the whole tab for the medicine, I would think you could just have the doctor send the refill auth. to a brick and mortar pharmacy and you go there and hand them your cc and be on your way.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Switch insurance companies to united health care and try them

Before anyone starts in on me yeah l know they are owned by aarp but for once lm getting over on the leftist pukes by getting good affordable insurance that pays the bills AND l don't have to join that communist organization to take advantage of the healthcare insurance. Stent $245.00, 2 pacemakers $245.00 each, colon surgery $245.00, lower back surgery $245.00 see a pattern emerging here. And l take all the nra and other gun organization's donations letters and mail to aarp in one of their own self addressed postage paid envelopes

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been excitable on the phone a few times myself. I need to make a call on part and I'm pretty sure I'll be excitable before it's over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom