Medicare - Humana - is now Centerwell Pharmacy. Why won't they process a credit card payment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on his later description, I'm pretty sure it's not Eliquis, but if it were, you could very likely get help from the manufacturer. My dad got put on Eliquis, and he got into a program from the manufacturer where they sent it to him for free. Of course, they didn't get their act together until he was in hospice, so they sent him four bottles of it where the outer packaging never even got opened...
Repatha sure click I was on a similar program before medicare screwed me.

1675133198515.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I'm telling you I have been through in spades.

The manufacturer won't help and Medicare won't pay. Period.

REPATHA COPAY CARD FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS​

SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS​

It is important that every patient read and understand the full Repatha® (evolocumab) Copay Card Terms and Conditions. The following summary is not a substitute for reviewing the Terms and Conditions in their entirety.

As further described below, in general:

• The Repatha® Copay Card is open to patients with commercial insurance, regardless of financial need. The program is not valid for patients whose Repatha® prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs. It is not valid for cash-paying patients or where prohibited by law. (See ELIGIBILITY section below.)
  • With the Repatha® Copay Card, a commercially insured patient who meets eligibility criteria may pay as little as a $5 Copay per month for their Repatha® monthly out-of-pocket costs. Monthly out-of-pocket costs include copayment, co-insurance, and deductible out-of-pocket costs. Amgen will pay the remaining eligible out-of-pocket costs on behalf of the patient up to a Maximum Monthly Benefit, a Maximum Annual Program Benefit and/or the Patient Total Program Benefit. Patients are responsible for all amounts that exceed these limits. (See PROGRAM DETAILS section below.)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe more going on here than we know but I know for certain some insurance companies are flaky and a change of insurance companies can work wonders

I don't think you understand how medicare works.

Medicare is primary, anything else is secondary. The company cannot and will not pay until Medicare does.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at this.

Are you on Traditional Medicare and a Plan D prescription plan?

I ran Repatha through their website and it shows that you can get it for $50-$110 ish a month (once you get past the $505 annual deductible).

I ran it through GoodRX and that crash price is $575-ish a month cash!!!

Last year, to make a long story short, my crappy insurance would not pay for Eliquis at all, period. Cash price was $575-ish per month! Luckily for me the doctors office lady gave me sufficient supplies of the free samples to get me through until November when I got on Medicare.

I've been saying this for a long time, I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done to make health care reasonably affordable to Americans so they can afford to pay for what they need without getting their lips ripped off and going into the poor house, bankrupt etc. It's awful.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on his later description, I'm pretty sure it's not Eliquis, but if it were, you could very likely get help from the manufacturer. My dad got put on Eliquis, and he got into a program from the manufacturer where they sent it to him for free. Of course, they didn't get their act together until he was in hospice, so they sent him four bottles of it where the outer packaging never even got opened...

Eliquis is ~$500 a month until you reach out to them..... then it's $10 a month.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Medicare - Humana - is now Centerwell Pharmacy. (Is a Advantage Plan)​

Medicare Part A is for Hospitals
Medicare Part B is for 80% of Doctors (You get a supplement for the other 20%)
Medicare Part C is Advantage Plans (Combines A B & D)
Medicare Part D is for RX (You look at their RX schedule be for signing up)

Do a google search for the Drug you need and find out which part D covers it.
The switch to it during open enrollment

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank Odumbass and Pukelosi
Yeah, I'm thanking them. The insurance we had at work was a post-Obamadon'tcare "holdover" plan, but that finally ended at the end of last year, and we had to switch to an Obamadon'tcare-compliant plan. Somehow, becoming Obamadon'tcare-compliant didn't make the coverage any better...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at this.

Are you on Traditional Medicare and a Plan D prescription plan?

Yes
Yeah, I'm thanking them. The insurance we had at work was a post-Obamadon'tcare "holdover" plan, but that finally ended at the end of last year, and we had to switch to an Obamadon'tcare-compliant plan. Somehow, becoming Obamadon'tcare-compliant didn't make the coverage any better...
These effers can't even run the VA let alone a universal health care program. If you really want to look to see where the money goes, look a the advantage plans that bombard us all freaking year. There is no freaking way these insurance companies can advertise 24 -7 365 days without makings billions.
I ran Repatha through their website and it shows that you can get it for $50-$110 ish a month (once you get past the $505 annual deductible).

I ran it through GoodRX and that crash price is $575-ish a month cash!!!

Last year, to make a long story short, my crappy insurance would not pay for Eliquis at all, period. Cash price was $575-ish per month! Luckily for me the doctors office lady gave me sufficient supplies of the free samples to get me through until November when I got on Medicare.

I've been saying this for a long time, I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done to make health care reasonably affordable to Americans so they can afford to pay for what they need without getting their lips ripped off and going into the poor house, bankrupt etc. It's awful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom