Medicare - Humana - is now Centerwell Pharmacy. Why won't they process a credit card payment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Medicare Part C is Advantage Plans (Combines A B & D)"

This is NOT Medicare and to call it "Part C" is misleading. It is private insurance that is subsidized by the gov't. in lieu of original Medicare. It is definitely not for everyone. Choose wisely.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Medicare Part C is Advantage Plans (Combines A B & D)"

This is NOT Medicare and to call it "Part C" is misleading. It is private insurance that is subsidized by the gov't. in lieu of original Medicare. It is definitely not for everyone. Choose wisely.

VERY dang true. While it might help some people, if one plans on traveling out of state any, it won't work for regular doctors. It will only work if one goes to the hospital emergency rooms, and that isn't really "wellness care."

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, that sucks. Sounds like a gov't operation, sadly enough...
Yes. Welcome to the future, viz. socialized medicine. Stupid Americans think it's wonderful since govt pays for it. But it's a nightmare. Kanucks routinely schedule procedures in the USA because they can't wait for months and months for their bypass surgery. Mick Jagger came to the US for his heart surgery because Britain has socialized medicine.

Everything govt touches turns to sewer gas.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I'm telling you I have been through in spades.

The manufacturer won't help and Medicare won't pay. Period.

REPATHA COPAY CARD FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS​

SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS​

It is important that every patient read and understand the full Repatha® (evolocumab) Copay Card Terms and Conditions. The following summary is not a substitute for reviewing the Terms and Conditions in their entirety.

As further described below, in general:

• The Repatha® Copay Card is open to patients with commercial insurance, regardless of financial need. The program is not valid for patients whose Repatha® prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs. It is not valid for cash-paying patients or where prohibited by law. (See ELIGIBILITY section below.)
  • With the Repatha® Copay Card, a commercially insured patient who meets eligibility criteria may pay as little as a $5 Copay per month for their Repatha® monthly out-of-pocket costs. Monthly out-of-pocket costs include copayment, co-insurance, and deductible out-of-pocket costs. Amgen will pay the remaining eligible out-of-pocket costs on behalf of the patient up to a Maximum Monthly Benefit, a Maximum Annual Program Benefit and/or the Patient Total Program Benefit. Patients are responsible for all amounts that exceed these limits. (See PROGRAM DETAILS section below.)
That's not surprising. Many providers refuse Medicare patients because Medicare refuses to go above a certain fee line for services rendered. Plus is the mountain of superfluous paperwork when dealing with Medicare bureaucracy.

I've never heard it in reference to the OP's situation, but it's happening more and more. Another potential headache for the end user.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm Medicare does not pay for drugs. You have to have a Part D plan for prescriptions. Medicare is your primary and if you have another plan then that is you secondary. You can have a secondary that includes prescriptions but it is usually expensive. If you would like to get an honest answer although you may not like it you can call my wife and she will find out for you exactly what is going on. We are an independent pharmacy here in OKC and Edmond

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you have traditional Medicare and Humana (which has the prescription benefit)?

Looks like you are on a biologic-they are expensive. I’m assuming you take this because the cheaper statins are contraindicated for you or don’t work as needed for your condition?

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you have traditional Medicare and Humana (which has the prescription benefit)?

Looks like you are on a biologic-they are expensive. I’m assuming you take this because the cheaper statins are contraindicated for you or don’t work as needed for your condition?
Correct. All the others created emergency room level leg cramps. This one works on the cholesterol and with no cramping.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CoQ10 supplements are used to treat statin associated cramping. Most of the docs I know recommend taking CoQ10 when starting statins. Hope you figure out how to get your med issue fixed. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update and possible reason found for all this mess.

After all this, I found out yesterday looking at my credit card activity, they charged me twice for the same drug and the same confirmation number. Just then, the phone rang and I actually got a woman that spoke English. Seh was calling to tell me they accidentally charged me twice and were going to credit back my account for one of the charges. I explained to her what had happened with me initiating the refill and me authorizing the payment of the bill on my credit card. I told her there was no confirmation number or email confirming my order.

I also told her the next day Humana called and every time I got to the part where I was going to say yes confirming it was me they were talking with, I was hung up on. When I called back, there was nowhere in their automated system for me to speak to a human.

She made note of these complaints, (yeah right) and was going to speak to her supervisors about it.

Now. She did discover what might have happened. I have my credit card on file with them but I have not authorized any automatic refill of any drugs I order through Centerwell. Since this feature is turned off, they have to call me to verify my order for some stupid reason. That is what they were doing. they were calling me to verify I ordered this drug on the card they had on file.

She offered to put me on an auto refill and set the limit to $999 dollars and that would fix the issue. But, it would also put me back on the auto refill which I don't want.

The funniest thing about this is right after I hung up with her, I glanced outside checking to see if the mail had come and I see my Repatha order sitting on my porch.

:fullauto::fullauto::fullauto::fullauto::fullauto:

Latest posts

Top Bottom