1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

@ member click not working all the time

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Snattlerake, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have noticed the @ member name drop down and select click feature is not working 100%.

I tried yesterday to use the feature and I had to select the name in the drop down box over and over and over and it finally populated.

2. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Its verbatim so if you dont use a capitol letter when needed, it wont find it. or put a space after the @ and name, wont work. @Snattlerake
    See it works

3. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Since this is here i never knew and still do not know how to do that name drop down.
    @Snattlerake

HA Your name pulled up in a little box I never seen that before..Probably because I am at a desk top and hunt and peck typer.
    Can't look at the screen and keyboard at the same time usually.

But I can type about 40 words a minute pecking

4. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I can type in "@Snattlerake" and then click the drop down no problems, just like typing "@Snattlerake" gives me the option.

Sidenote: the second one of that pair above, just because I am typing it in, even when typing all lower case without selecting the dropdown with auto correct/auto insert the USER=44288 and /USER pair when submitted. (I left off the [ ] pairs here to try to get it to show up for display.

I've never had a problem with the feature, and never seen it need to be verbatim. I wouldn't anticipate the feature to be case sensitive because the DB on the backside is not case sensitive. Unless the site DB allowed multiple users based on different capitalization patterns such as "SnattleRAKE" and "SNAttleRAke" then it shouldn't matter.

The more likely cause of that is going to be the way the web browser is interacting with the site. Make sure it's fully updated, and if needed, test on a different browser on the system.

5. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  6. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Could be me UI. I notice it happening more when I have typed a lot and the texts has reached the bottom of the typing window. If I hit ENTER a few times and gain some typing space lines it works. Oh well, just another "But it was making a noise until you get it into the shop."

7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope, nary a one. I didn't know any notifications were involved. Where do they show up? email? PM's? I got nuthin.

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  8. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A Pony Express rider knocks on yer window pane.

So don't shoot the guy if ya get one at 3:00am... :D
    :drunk2:

It's a setting somewhere in your settings. I think. :lookaroun