Members BEWARE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well here ya go, I sold some ammo recently. One guy needed some after I had ready sold as much as I wanted, seems he is going through a reserve officer class for CLEET and needs his own ammo, so I decide I would help him out. So I let him know and be said he was working yesterday but could meet anytime today. So I said around 10:30 to 11, and didn't hear a thing. This morning I get a text saying closer to 11. I text back no big thing latter if you need. He texts back he can make it at one but earlier is better. I let him know I was trying to make it easy on him, so he says 11:00. Great! Now we haven't even set up a place to meet, just a time and I haven't heard any more. He supposedly has a hand full of cash, but it is approaching not worth it to me. Do CLEET Reserve classes require guys to bring their own ammo?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do CLEET Reserve classes require guys to bring their own ammo?

Depends on the agency. I worked for two agencies in 90s to early 2000s. Both required the reserve to bring their own ammo to the academy. One provided 2 boxes of duty ammo twice a year at qualification and required us to use the issued ammo as duty ammo. We shot our old ammo for qualification. And practice, if needed. I qualified with two duty guns, and a backup (Jframe). I had to supply my own duty and qualification ammo for the additional guns.
Additionally, that department only provided a badge, 1 pair of pants, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 short sleeve shirt, and a rain coat.

The other agency did not provide anything.

Some departments are better funded and may provide much more to their reserves. I’m not sure.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know I am not the only one that is cautious. I am usually fine dealing with anyone, and have met some great people off of here, but I had a few sale posts lately where I was getting messages from people that joined that day, no info in their profile, no picture, no posts... some of the communication also seemed off so I told the guys I would pass since they didn't have any history on the site and they went off on me. Wasn't sure if I was out of line but sounds like some others are the same.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know I am not the only one that is cautious. I am usually fine dealing with anyone, and have met some great people off of here, but I had a few sale posts lately where I was getting messages from people that joined that day, no info in their profile, no picture, no posts... some of the communication also seemed off so I told the guys I would pass since they didn't have any history on the site and they went off on me. Wasn't sure if I was out of line but sounds like some others are the same.

I don't blame you. I've got a few things I'm considering selling and, with established members, I don't anticipate any problem. But, total newbies concern me ... always have.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If they went off on you for being cautious , you made the right decision!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom