Memphis cops charged with murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before all you cop haters get your panties in a twist, I'm not commenting specifically on this incident nor am I condoning the behavior of the officers in this incident.

Why is it that a segment of the black population seems to think they're immune from police contact? I see videos every single day of blacks being contacted by police over very simple infractions that could easily be resolved with a little cooperation. Time after time they yell, scream, run, resist, say they did nothing wrong, fight, etc... The piss poor behavior ALWAYS escalates the situation. Always. The outspoken, racist black leaders in this county seem to have created an attitude and culture among many in the black population that they can do whatever they want and they're just not accountable for their actions.

Now I'll comment on this case specifically WITHOUT condoning the police behavior...

This case started out the same way. Black male contacted by police. Black male refuses to cooperate, verbally resists, physically resists and runs. Why? How f**king hard is it just to keep your mouth shut and cooperate? Or, if you don't really want to cooperate, just don't resist and tell them you want your lawyer. If you feel like you've been wronged, take it to court like any other responsible person. Did his behavior amount to being killed over it? Sure as hell doesn't look that way. But there's simply no denying his behavior was at least a contributing factor in his death. It appears that initially the officers were just trying to take him into custody and he resisted from the start. The guy made some really bad choices. So did the officers...and now they'll be facing the consequences just as it should be.

Another thing that's really tiresome is having justice decided by the court of public opinion instead of a real court. It appears these officers committed several crimes. But, for all of you who are constantly referencing the Constitution over various things just keep in mind these men are all innocent until PROVEN guilty. That's how our justice system works.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before all you cop haters get your panties in a twist, I'm not commenting specifically on this incident nor am I condoning the behavior of the officers in this incident.

Why is it that a segment of the black population seems to think they're immune from police contact? I see videos every single day of blacks being contacted by police over very simple infractions that could easily be resolved with a little cooperation. Time after time they yell, scream, run, resist, say they did nothing wrong, fight, etc... The piss poor behavior ALWAYS escalates the situation. Always. The outspoken, racist black leaders in this county seem to have created an attitude and culture among many in the black population that they can do whatever they want and they're just not accountable for their actions.

Now I'll comment on this case specifically WITHOUT condoning the police behavior...

This case started out the same way. Black male contacted by police. Black male refuses to cooperate, verbally resists, physically resists and runs. Why? How f**king hard is it just to keep your mouth shut and cooperate? Or, if you don't really want to cooperate, just don't resist and tell them you want your lawyer. If you feel like you've been wronged, take it to court like any other responsible person. Did his behavior amount to being killed over it? Sure as hell doesn't look that way. But there's simply no denying his behavior was at least a contributing factor in his death. It appears that initially the officers were just trying to take him into custody and he resisted from the start. The guy made some really bad choices. So did the officers...and now they'll be facing the consequences just as it should be.

Another thing that's really tiresome is having justice decided by the court of public opinion instead of a real court. It appears these officers committed several crimes. But, for all of you who are constantly referencing the Constitution over various things just keep in mind these men are all innocent until PROVEN guilty. That's how our justice system works.
Why is the victim not granted the same innocent until proven guilty ;) It cuts both ways.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This case started out the same way. Black male contacted by police. Black male refuses to cooperate, verbally resists, physically resists and runs.
Exactly!!!!! And now almost every young person that gets involved in these resisting arrest incidents are now telling Mama see i told you i wasn't resisting it was the cops just beating me for No reason. These cops went over the top in trying to teach this guy a lesson about resisting. He resisted almost the whole time. Wouldn't lay down kept trying to turn around. Wouldn't put his hands behind his back. Uses the Alright Alright like Im done but tries to get advantage position again. When you resist and escalate not following commands you get a little more. Maybe we should make a law for criminals and anyone with police contact that you can resist until you get away or call Time Out.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is the victim not granted the same innocent until proven guilty ;) It cuts both ways.

Where did I say he wasn't? It does work both ways. That doesn't excuse his behavior, though. Just like his behavior doesn't excuse the behavior of the officers.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Nichols had cooperated, showed his license, got out of the car peacefully, been polite, etc...he'd still be alive today.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most cops are good. Many are very good.

Then there are the psychopathic loose cannons. Crazy Mo-Fo's.

If you think that's ****ed up, google this: "Arizona cop tasers mans balls in front of his kids". The videos are crazy. There are also written articles of this on google, read them.

Bad cop, Matthew Schneider, seems to be courteous and polite at the 1st of the video. Turns into a nightmare.

There are multiple videos. The 1st when the bad cop and his cohorts jack up the guy. They supposedly saw a lack of turn signal, stopped the car, wife was driving, the husband and father was in the passenger seat.

They yanked him out, beat him, tasered him 11 times, the last taser was when the bad cop yanked his shorts down and tasered his balls. Right in front of his very scared kids.

Next video. Bad cop admits he LIED and never saw the car that supposedly never used a turn signal, saw the car when it was backed into a parking space.

Video cameras caught all this. Bad cop realizes his ****ed up badly, yanks the retirement handle, bails out.

The group of bad cops gets indicted at the Federal Level. Qualified Immunity is yanked. They're ****ed.

Final video? Very bad dangerous cop gets fined $115 and walks out free. Last week. That's Criminal Court. Wait for the Civil lawsuits to start flying.

I have always 100% supported the cops, deputies, etc. But this scares the crap out of me. Me? I've never been arrested, haven't had a traffic ticket in many many years I've always trusted and respect the police/deputies. But this **** seems to be getting worse and worse, and of course the criminals are getting worse and worse. Tough career to be in law enforcement, God Bless'em all.

I NEVER drive through Phoenix proper when driving from Oklahoma to So Cal. I ALWAYS take the Phoenix Bypass.

Interesting fact: Matthew Schneider, the cop, was featured on the Cops TV show. I think this went to his head.
I first learned about bad cops in Las Vegas, NV. Was stationed there in the late 70's, early 80's. Met the guy socially, and we both liked the old Tom Swift books. He had quite a few more than I did. I had a 100 gallon aquarium on a cast iron stand that he admired and I didn't need, so I gave it to him. He started dragging it across my new linoleum floor, cutting groves in the new floor, and I told him to stop. He said he was a cop, and didn't have to stop...

I don't think he understood why I never invited him back.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Do you enjoy calling people who look at this differently than you cop haters? What the hell is wrong with you? I don’t hate cops, generally I back them up. All you seem to do is make excuses for bad cop behavior. Now you can tell what an asshat I am for simply disagreeing with you. You need to get over yourself.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did I say he wasn't? It does work both ways. That doesn't excuse his behavior, though. Just like his behavior doesn't excuse the behavior of the officers.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Nichols had cooperated, showed his license, got out of the car peacefully, been polite, etc...he'd still be alive today.
Seems implied and/or insinuated when I read your post. Since you seem to state he resisted, etc as fact.

When i watched the released videos, seems the police were the ones continuing to escalate, then he did. Not that I’ve seen them all. Seems to be one of those situations where 6 people at least screwed up, one of them died.

Pming you

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you enjoy calling people who look at this differently than you cop haters? What the hell is wrong with you? I don’t hate cops, generally I back them up. All you seem to do is make excuses for bad cop behavior. Now you can tell what an asshat I am for simply disagreeing with you. You need to get over yourself.

You must not pay attention to some of the crap the people I was referring to post. If you did you'd know exactly to whom I was referring. There are actually people on this forum who wish harm upon police officers. And not just the bad ones. There are actually people on this forum that think all police officers are corrupt and bad. Not some...all of them. Not everything's about you, skippy.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems implied and/or insinuated when I read your post. Since you seem to state he resisted, etc as fact.

When i watched the released videos, seems the police were the ones continuing to escalate, then he did. Not that I’ve seen them all. Seems to be one of those situations where 6 people at least screwed up, one of them died.

Pming you

I haven't seen all the videos, either. And frankly, some of them are so difficult to follow (for me anyway) it's sometimes hard to tell what's going on. But I don't think there's any question he resisted. He even ran away. Again...he didn't deserve to die over it.

I'm hearing there are an additional 2 deputies from a sheriff's dept that are under investigation as well. Not sure if they didn't intervene, failed to report what they saw or what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom