Metal Detecting - today was a good day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking to get into MD myself for several years.
It's fun, it's educational, it's exercise, it's away from the house. When you have two or more guys you have more fun with the friendships made. I used to belong to a club here in town that had prizes for monthly finds everyone voted on. I got several find of the month awards and a few "Century Club patches for my jacket. The Century Club was for finding a coin over 100 years old. We had chili cookoffs, Christmas dinners and planted hunts in an area like a park where we planted coins and numbered tokens for prizes everyone brought. We even had speakers from all over including a guy from the Atocha. I got to working out of state and never could find the time to go so I let my membership lapse.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is interested,there's a company called Kellycodetectors, that has a huge selection of detectors and the prices are really good from what I've seen. Also there's a club in Moore called Central Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club. They have group hunts and give away prizes. Check out their website for more info.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested,there's a company called Kellycodetectors, that has a huge selection of detectors and the prices are really good from what I've seen. Also there's a club in Moore called Central Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club. They have group hunts and give away prizes. Check out their website for more info.
Twin Territories Treasure Hunters too.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a metal detector, but I grew up near the TQHA rodeo arena. After the rodeo, a couple of neighbor kids and myself would look under the stands for dropped valuables.

I think the most I ever found was 35 cents, but that was a fair amount of pocket change to a country boy in the '60s. :D
:drunk2:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a Whites way back in the 70's. Quite a adrenaline rush whenever you get a signal. Finding old trash pits and excavating beautiful old bottles was my passion. Every old shack has a trash pit.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a school in OKC I frequently detected.

bullethole 1.JPG

bullethole 2.JPG

bullethole 3.JPG

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years I've cashed in hundreds of dollars in coins found with my White's detectors. I saved the oldest ones.
Lot's of inexpensive jewelry, fishing sinkers, bullets, cartridge cases, axe heads, etc. at parks, campgrounds, schools
and old homesteads. It's a real thrill when you find that first gold ring. My best find ever was a Platinum and diamond
engagement ring valued at $3500.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had a metal detector, but I grew up near the TQHA rodeo arena. After the rodeo, a couple of neighbor kids and myself would look under the stands for dropped valuables.

I think the most I ever found was 35 cents, but that was a fair amount of pocket change to a country boy in the '60s. :D
:drunk2:

Our Boy Scout troop did the same at the Ponca City rodeo.
It was more profitable when they let spectators bring in their own ice chests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom