• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Metal working lathe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Anyone in or near Tulsa who wants to get rid of a nice, working metal lathe for a fair price? Space is kind of limited, so 6 or 7 x 14 or 16, thereabouts, would work best for me. Light machining for beginners, nothing too fancy. A combo lathe and mill would be nice as well. No Harbor Freight or other El Cheapo stuff, please. Grizzly, Smitty, Fox, etc. PM me with what you got, and thanks!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone in or near Tulsa who wants to get rid of a nice, working metal lathe for a fair price? Space is kind of limited, so 6 or 7 x 14 or 16, thereabouts, would work best for me. Light machining for beginners, nothing too fancy. A combo lathe and mill would be nice as well. No Harbor Freight or other El Cheapo stuff, please. Grizzly, Smitty, Fox, etc. PM me with what you got, and thanks!

I have a combo machine, I can get by with it, but I would suggest stand alone machines if you have the space.

Check Grizzly, it's worth a road trip to Springfield to just go through the store. They have a scratch and dent room with some decent deals too.

While you are in SFD check out City Butcher BBQ, some good stuff there...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My gf’s brother, who is a machinist, also recommended separate machines for lathe and mill work. Grizzly was one of his recommendations, too. Might have to make a run up there if I don’t find a used lathe. Good ones aren’t cheap!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I recently bought some Dillon presses from a guy whose FIL passed away and they were selling his stuff. He mentioned having some metalworking stuff. A buddy of mine went and bought it from em. Lathe is an Atlas and Mill is Clausing(spelling?). He's been makin all kinds of stuff. I'm pretty jealous.

IMG_2884.JPG

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My gf’s brother, who is a machinist, also recommended separate machines for lathe and mill work. Grizzly was one of his recommendations, too. Might have to make a run up there if I don’t find a used lathe. Good ones aren’t cheap!

They aren't cheap, and you don't know their history, you could be buying a used, crapped out, abused POS.

I love the old machines, but I'll likely buy a Grizzly when I decide to ditch my combo machine.

The combo machine does it all, but none of it very good. It's a fair mill, and a mediocre lathe. But I paid $400 for it, and I'm building tooling that will transfer to a larger machine when the time comes.

You do know you will spend way more on tooling than the machine itself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom