Metro OKC Area Eat and Shoot (ENS)-Sat, June 29th 10 AM at Big Boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 in total, the OLD Fart, me, Gary(gerhard1) and his Lovely Bride, BlackRifle and his son Matt. If I would have been 2 feet taller and 150lbs heavier, I would have tried to take that Thompson A-1 from Matt. Since I am highly allergic to pain, it breaks me out in Big Ol Tears, I thought better of it....That's a Big Boy.lol All in all it was a great time, even if the RO was a little bit over enthusiastic about his new found power. Still can't believe how great that M1 Scout shoots, but that Thompson. Now that's in a different class, no recoil what so ever and very accurate.

Last edited:

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning, the better half and I drove down to Okie City for the shoot. I took my 610, my wife took her Walther PPK/s and we all shot each other's guns. I got to shoot a Glock 43 (?) the single stack 9, and one man had a M1A Scout rifle that was a blast to shoot. One of the guys even had a Walther TPH that my wife loved. It's a pity that that gun is not made any more.

And (God help us and preserve us) there was even an Auto-Ordinance M1928-A1 Thompson (semi-auto, of course) in 45 ACP. It was an intriguing gun but it was ungodly heavy.

Teresa and I had loads of fun today.

We have GOT to do this again real soon.
I'm glad you had fun with the Tommy gun! And you're probably glad I used stick mags instead of the drum, because then it gets stupid heavy! I had a great time and enjoyed shooting your 10mm.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 in total, the OLD Fart, me, Gary(gerhard1) and his Lovely Bride, BlackRifle and his son Matt. If I would have been 2 feet taller and 150lbs heavier, I would have tried to take that Thompson A-1 from Matt. Since I am highly allergic to pain, I thought better of it....That's a Big Boy.lol All in all it was a great time, even if the RO was a little bit over enthusiastic about his new found power. Still can't believe how great that M1 Scout shoots, but that Thompson. Now that's in a different class, no recoil what so ever and very accurate.
Well Jimmy, I'm glad you didnt try to take my Tommy gun, because the only type of person that might get away with it is an ex Marine! Dad and I had a great time meeting you all and lunch was good too. That Scout was a tack driver.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't been to an eat and shoot (or guns and grub of your neck is a certain shade of red) , I highly recommend coming out one day. I had a great time, met some neat people, shared some guns, stories, jokes and a good meal. I will definately try to keep going any chance I get.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we might have driven by Big Boys' at the time. Wife and I were in OKC training with one of the vans for out new gig, and we brought our Expedition back to leave it at home instead of Tulsa when we go to Indiana. Left the RV park and drove to Braum's on Council and Reno to meet up with our youngest son. We probably drove by Big Boys at about 1:00 or so.

Maybe in a few months? Who knows?

Glad you guys had fun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't been to an eat and shoot (or guns and grub of your neck is a certain shade of red) , I highly recommend coming out one day. I had a great time, met some neat people, shared some guns, stories, jokes and a good meal. I will definitely try to keep going any chance I get.
I typically attend these meets, but our Gun Range in Ponca City had the make up day for the Oklahoma Firefighters Association meeting that got canceled by rain and floods earlier this month.
It was hotter than hell, but we crowned a Top Shot fireman in rifles @ 100 yards. After Lunch everyone was spent from the heat and didn't do the pistol shoot. (I was happy, Happy about that)
Glad everyone that attended the OKC shoot had a good time. I love shooting the variety of guns that folks bring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom