MeWe currently purging gun groups from platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I am an on/off participate. I am only on 2 sites. You guys and SB and truth be told I'm only here now when I'm trying to distract myself from pain issues. (Had surgery this morning so happy to see you guys! 😂😂😂)
The pain let’s us know we are still alive.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MeWe has axed the vast majority of groups on its platform over the last 24 hours. Those that remain have changed to private/invite only and changed the group names, but who know if or when they’ll get nuked as well. If you have a MeWe account, might be wise to backup your contact and/or group info. MeWe was one of the last prominent social media platforms to allow gun trading groups to exist, so I assume threats of being removed from Apple and Google app stores is what drove the decision.
I am on MEWE and a member of at least eight gun groups. I just checked moments ago and they are all active. I’m not doubting what you shared but is there some common theme that makes the groups that are getting axed selected for that purpose?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on MEWE and a member of at least eight gun groups. I just checked moments ago and they are all active. I’m not doubting what you shared but is there some common theme that makes the groups that are getting axed selected for that purpose?
I was on several TX gun trading pages on mewe, and every single one of them are gone.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be honest, the mewe gun pages I was on kind of seemed like Armslist 2.0, because there was always someone b*tching about being screwed over by a seller. I even saw of one complaint of someone being traded a stolen gun.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, the mewe gun pages I was on kind of seemed like Armslist 2.0, because there was always someone b*tching about being screwed over by a seller. I even saw of one complaint of someone being traded a stolen gun.
Agree. Had far better luck here not dealing with that nonsense.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saying that you wish something would go away, but participating in the same activity is ignorant. If you wish it would go away simply just don't come and your problem is solved. You obviously don't want social media to go away, or you wouldn't be here. You just want forms of social media that you don't like to go away.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom