Mexico paying for the wall?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say tax the living $#!T out of GM imports from Mexico to pay for some of it.

I believe that was/is part of Trumps plan for them to pay for it.
GM is so screwed. I wouldn't buy anything from them if they were the last choice on earth.
They and the union brought all their woes onto themselves though with un funded retirement and a 20 years of service to retire. The back end of that deal is what is killing them for the most part.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
EL CHAPO Act would put forfeited funds from felony convictions of Mexican drug kingpins to pay for “the wall”

0*H1yNFsxRr6-FtRC_.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
What should be done with the $14 billion that drug lord “El Chapo” will have to forfeit if he’s convicted later this year?

Context
The notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman amassed a fortune of "an estimated $14 billion between the 1980s and his 2014 arrest. In 2017, he was extradited to New York City to face 17 counts of criminal charges.

If he’s found guilty during his trial beginning in September — as legal experts essentially all agree that he will — what should be done with the money and assets he forfeits?

What the bill does
The EL CHAPO Act would put any amounts forfeited by either “El Chapo” — or anybody else convicted of selling or transporting illegal narcotics across the border — into construction of a border wall with Mexico.

The full name of the legislation is the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order Act. It was introduced in April 2017 by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), labelled S. 39.

Why shoot! With 14 billion he could build two walls, paint both, and dig a moat filled with laser beam headed sharks.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.. He told them they were screwed t
Beter add Ram Trucks to that list.

Yep, Hard to believe that if you want an American made Truck, Toyota is your best bet. Times they are a changing.

My Mustang GT was built here... Well, anything non-electronic or rubber.. Hopefully at least the fuel she burns comes from oil pulled out of the Permian, Marcellus or Bakken.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EL CHAPO Act would put forfeited funds from felony convictions of Mexican drug kingpins to pay for “the wall”

That's not a bad idea, the problem is that Chapo's "$14B" is made of vaporware and not, seemingly, held in the U.S. These guys were good about stashing money, it's not just sitting in a U.S. bank account waiting for us to seize it. I bet we could find something and build a few miles though...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doliae...-billion-the-u-s-wants-from-him/#6f962e1c669b

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to say it but my Ram was built in Saltillo Mexico. It's had a door that squeaks since it was new but it pulls like no other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom