M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen on a credit card a few weeks ago, the cc company alerted me to it, asked if I made a $6 ip phone call, then another larger charge.
Like you said, they try a small charge to see if it works, then go for more.
I don't know how they got my cc number, with all the major retail and others getting hacked into over the last few years, who knows.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This kind of crap is what scares me if our country every went with Bitcoin or something similar. Think how easy it would be for someone to clean you out. It would give the government more power over people if they could on a whim confiscate your retirement or bank accounts.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By sheer coincidence about an hour ago I happened to log into my bank app and noticed 2 charges today that I most certainly did NOT make. One was only for 6 bucks on a GoFundMe page, and the second was for a substantial amount on Remitly. My debit card expires at the end of this month and it looks like my replacement card was delivered somewhere else and so they went shopping today. I got my card cancelled to protect against further charges, which subsequently cancels the current card and I am holding. I have zero physical cash on hand, and the banks are closed for the day.

It looks like they tested the waters with a $6 charge on GoFundMe, and when that went through, they charged a large sum on Remitly. I looked into it, and Remitly is a money sending service. I called them and jumped through 30 minutes worth of hoops. The charge has already posted in my bank, but thankfully they have not physically picked up the money yet. I was able to suspend the transaction, so at least they won't get their hands on my money. Remitly is telling me it will take up to 10 business days to get my money back.

Dear lord in heaven please forgive me for what I would do if I ever find the person who did this. I can tolerate a lot of things, but thieves are not on the list.
They should have had the cops meet them when they picked it up

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately you have to monitor your Sh-t several times a day and be quick on the draw. It’s s shame M F ers can’t work for a living they probably feel better

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as it sucks, I would much rather get some fraudelent charges than physical property stolen. A couple phone calls and the loss is reversed.

I had a nice gas grill stolen and pawned at a pawn shop. I filed a report with the Police and crickets. Month or so later, I see it sitting outside a Pawn Shop when I drove by on way home from work. I verified it was mine and called the Police. I had to pay the Pawn Shop what they gave for the grill to get it back. The Detective went to the apartment thief lived at. Nobody answered the door so he stuck his business card on the door and a noted for her to call him. A week later when he went by, they had moved out.

I can't stand thieves and I would like to see hard labor as some of their punishment.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another reason i keep 2 debit cards, 1 on main account and the 2nd on a account that i keep just the bare minimum in and when i need it to make online purchases i will transfer the amount into it. and like you i had to cancel my main card here while back so i just transfered some funds from main to secondary to use as needed even thou i do keep readily cash around.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is another reason i keep 2 debit cards, 1 on main account and the 2nd on a account that i keep just the bare minimum in and when i need it to make online purchases i will transfer the amount into it. and like you i had to cancel my main card here while back so i just transfered some funds from main to secondary to use as needed even thou i do keep readily cash around.

I do the same thing with PayPal and other transfers. I have a separate credit union account that I can transfer money from the main account. If I do anything with a transfer of funds, it’s from the secondary account. But, I do not use debit cards on either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom