M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I know how they could be found, but Remitly isn't going to give me the name of the person who the money is being sent to. I have no doubt I'll never know who they are, but if I did........well let's just say it makes me feel better to think about such things.
Does it have anything to do with gasoline, a match, a male sex organ, a vice, and a dull knife?

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had someone hack the wife's Best Buy account a few years ago. They ordered a couple thousand worth of computer components to pick up in Florida I believe it was. Wish it was local, I'd be camping out waiting for them to come pick their order up.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pedo Joe and cohorts WANT to get rid of cash and have 100% e-banking.

We keep cash in the safe and use 2 accounts. Our main account card is used locally only. The 2nd account has little to nothing on it. It is used online (very little) and out of town, travelling, vacation.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bank text alerted me for a $500 charge against my debit card and I replied immediately that it was fraud. I was actually at the gas station pumping gas when it came through. Went straight home and called the credit union and told them to kill the card and send another. Turns out the charge had actually went through but got reversed in the few minutes it took them on the phone. I was logged into my account when I called them and had 6 pending charges. Those were already zeroed out.

Three days later my ex heard about it and called to asked if the money was going to Cashapp. I told her yes and also told her who it was that did it, though I can't prove it. She still doesn't want to believe that a family member that's done this very exact thing at least 5 times (that we know of) would do it. They dinged her for $4k and she still won't accept it. Yea, there's a legit reason she's my EX...

I only wish I could get some charges filed. I've tried several times and heard nothing but crickets from the authorities, the bank and Visa. It's maddening that it's just thought of as normal these days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has happened to me, oh, four or five times. Lesson learned--cash on hand. Always! I wouldn't worry about finding the perp(s)--no one other than yourself is worried about such things, unfortunately. Best of luck in whatever course you choose to follow!
Exactly. Our CC has been compromised several times with the perps ordering from Amazon or Walmart. They don't have the three numbers on the back so the order is refused but the delivery address is still there in the original order.
Had one hack going to Portland Or from Walmart. I called their LEO fraud division to see if they wanted to catch someone. The Detective laughed and told me they didn't have enough people to do anything about it even though I sent pics of the address and the location on google earth. Evidently it's so rampant nobody cares.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This kind of crap is what scares me if our country every went with Bitcoin or something similar. Think how easy it would be for someone to clean you out. It would give the government more power over people if they could on a whim confiscate your retirement or bank accounts.
The Canadian government froze the accounts of the protesting truck driver's during their protest. Evidently, it's extremely easy for governments to take your money even if it's bitcoin.
If your retirement is in any sort of public banking or digital form, the government can take it. It's been discussed in congress.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Our CC has been compromised several times with the perps ordering from Amazon or Walmart. They don't have the three numbers on the back so the order is refused but the delivery address is still there in the original order.
Had one hack going to Portland Or from Walmart. I called their LEO fraud division to see if they wanted to catch someone. The Detective laughed and told me they didn't have enough people to do anything about it even though I sent pics of the address and the location on google earth. Evidently it's so rampant nobody cares.
So sad. I had someone get my data 6 or 7 years ago. The only thing they bought was an X-Box online card, which I assume is something that lets you play video games online. I figured it had to be a kid/teenager. Luckily, with the data that was provided in the banking record, I was able to research the transaction, and found the shipping address and name that they sent the card to. Through the county accessors office, I was able to find the property owners name (which shared the same last name), which then was enough to find their phone number. I called them at about 8AM (because I had been up all night researching it). I called the house (in Ohio), and had about a 20 minute conversation with the father. I doubt that kid stole anything after that, and I got a check in the mail about a week later for $50 to pay me back for the X-Box card.

Latest posts

Top Bottom