M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sad. I had someone get my data 6 or 7 years ago. The only thing they bought was an X-Box online card, which I assume is something that lets you play video games online. I figured it had to be a kid/teenager. Luckily, with the data that was provided in the banking record, I was able to research the transaction, and found the shipping address and name that they sent the card to. Through the county accessors office, I was able to find the property owners name (which shared the same last name), which then was enough to find their phone number. I called them at about 8AM (because I had been up all night researching it). I called the house (in Ohio), and had about a 20 minute conversation with the father. I doubt that kid stole anything after that, and I got a check in the mail about a week later for $50 to pay me back for the X-Box card.
Wow! that was lucky!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! that was lucky!
It was lucky for them that they were out of state, and that it was a kid. It took a moment to convince the dad that I was legit. I had the kids X-Box username, their home address, the property tax records, etc. When I get focused on something, it can be dangerous.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was lucky for them that they were out of state, and that it was a kid. It took a moment to convince the dad that I was legit. I had the kids X-Box username, their home address, the property tax records, etc. When I get focused on something, it can be dangerous.
Remind me to not cross you! LOL. :laugh6:

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a brand new debit card used in the first 5 days of owning the card. Dang thief used the card before I did.... Now I only use the debit card in the bank's ATM. All other purchases are with a credit card (Cabelas, using the points for ammo).

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a brand new debit card used in the first 5 days of owning the card. Dang thief used the card before I did.... Now I only use the debit card in the bank's ATM. All other purchases are with a credit card (Cabelas, using the points for ammo).
That's a great idea! I think I'll look into that tomorrow. I don't need the ammo, but I could use the points towards other things. Can you apply points to firearms purchases?

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Primary bank acct for daily.
Second acct for online only transfer enough to use.
Credit card just for online stuff good too.
Bank calls if suspicious transactions.
Several in last 10 yrs.
Never lost money. Bank fixed issues. Declined to pay.them.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
The Canadian government froze the accounts of the protesting truck driver's during their protest. Evidently, it's extremely easy for governments to take your money even if it's bitcoin.
If your retirement is in any sort of public banking or digital form, the government can take it. It's been discussed in congress.
That's why to need to store your cryptocurrency in a cryptocurrency wallet; Hardware Wallet - State-of-the-art security for crypto assets | Ledger
If you rely on an exchange for storage it can be hacked or seized by the Government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom