M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just blocked you without sending a fraud alert asking you to confirm the purchase? Dang.
Arvest did that to me just shortly after Christmas this year. I have tried to use it one day and the next day it still wouldn't work so on the third morning I called Arvest and they told me they have suspended my card for suspiscion of fraudulent purchases. Someone had gotten my information in the Eufaula area and was trying to use my card info without the card. I think I lost something like $6 but it took almost 2 weeks to get the new card. Arvest for the most part sucks.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arvest for the most part sucks.

We were buying new appliances. Had them picked out and on hold, Thursday. Got the total for the purchase.
On Friday, go to Harvest, to make sure the business was done in person. Told the Top Dog that were would be making a $4800 purchase on Saturday and wanted to make sure the purchase would be approved.
We were assured everything was good.

We go to pick up the appliances and card is declined. Called Harvest, woman says account is locked because of large pufchase. Told her we had cleared everything with your branch manager. Sale ended that day and had to be paid to get sale price. She says "sorry, nothing I can do."

I, luckily, had $3500 in my safe and hit every Arvest ATM in town, to get them rest.

We made the purchase. Monday, a certain branch manager received a visit from an extremely unhappy person

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to withdraw some cash from a Tinker ATM but hadn't used the debit card for months on end that I forgot the code. I never us the debit, only a credit card for security reasons.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a great idea! I think I'll look into that tomorrow. I don't need the ammo, but I could use the points towards other things. Can you apply points to firearms purchases?
I canceled my Cabelas card and got Savor One card. Both through Capital One. Much higher reward/earnings on savor card. Cabelas is low reward unless you are making purchases AT Cabelas.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys need to get a credit card that has the "virtual credit card" with it.

It's totally cool, I think. When you get ready to order or pay for something online, you use the credit card thing that creates a one time only credit card number for that one transaction only. It's never used again and no entity ever sees your actual credit card number. There are some variations of this depending on each different credit card company. You'll have to call your credit card company and see if they offer it, otherwise just Google up "virtual credit card.

Link to one story about this

Link to Capital One for this

EVERYBODY needs to keep cash on hand. I'm always amazed to talk to someone and they say they refuse to have cash on it, don't like it, want to try to earn 2-cents on some interest, are afraid of cash, whatever.

I'd advise AT LEAST $1,000 cash in your hidey hole safe or secret spot, and keep cash in some other places too.

DO NOT do all your business at one bank. In fact, go with a local Credit Union, preferably 2 or 3.

For example, I have accounts at WEOKIE and also at Tinker FCU, and at each of those I have a checking and savings open and available. Why? If your account at one entity is compromised, locked down, shut down, whatever, or cleaned out, you're screwed. If you have 2 or more financial insitutions, with money stashed in them, you can still buy gas, buy groceries, pay the utilities, etc etc etc, without touching emergency hidey-hole cash.

And, as mentioned above, DON"T CARRY and use a Debit Card. You're just asking for financial trouble, and it's only a matter of time before troubles arrives, not if.

I don't care if you're cash poor, broke assed, whatever. Sell some stuff, get a part time job, go do UBER or Door Dash or something, and put every penny of that into Emergency Funds.

I guarantee you, **** happens, it does and it will happen. Thieves, wives and soon to be ex-wives, keep cash on hand, out of the way safe, don't spend it, don't talk about or flaunt it. Why? My old wife robbed my business bank savings account of ALL it's money, I didn't know it for a month while she kicked my ass to the curb, so to speak, and we split up.

It's kinda like the old saying Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up. Gather cash, stash it, shut up. **** happens.

About a year ago I got a phone call from my investment bank asking if I was in Europe and just spent 5 different transactions in England & Germany, all 5 within a few seconds. NOPE! I did NOT.

Some thieving bastard somehow somewhere got my debit card number and went to town, so to speak. Of the 5 charges, 2 went through, the other 3 were blocked by the bank. It took a while but I got my money back. The bank told me that, most likely, my debit card was compromised probably months before and sat in the Dark Web waiting to be sold to criminals. I had no idea what a Dark Web was, but I sure did learn fast. Dang Criminals and thieves!!!

Sorry about the long story, but I feel strongly about this sort of thing, and a word to the wise old saying is still good advice, I think.

Good luck to all yall.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were buying new appliances. Had them picked out and on hold, Thursday. Got the total for the purchase.
On Friday, go to Harvest, to make sure the business was done in person. Told the Top Dog that were would be making a $4800 purchase on Saturday and wanted to make sure the purchase would be approved.

We go to pick up the appliances and card is declined. Called Harvest, woman says account is locked because of large pufchase. Told her we had cleared everything with your branch manager. Sale ended that day and had to be paid to get sale price. She says "sorry, nothing I can do."

I, luckily, had $3500 in my safe and hit every Arvest ATM in town, to get them rest.

We made the purchase. Monday, a certain branch manager received a visit from an extremely unhappy person
Wow

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wanna hear what the branch manager said.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys need to get a credit card that has the "virtual credit card" with it.

It's totally cool, I think. When you get ready to order or pay for something online, you use the credit card thing that creates a one time only credit card number for that one transaction only. It's never used again and no entity ever sees your actual credit card number. There are some variations of this depending on each different credit card company. You'll have to call your credit card company and see if they offer it, otherwise just Google up "virtual credit card.

Link to one story about this

Link to Capital One for this

EVERYBODY needs to keep cash on hand. I'm always amazed to talk to someone and they say they refuse to have cash on it, don't like it, want to try to earn 2-cents on some interest, are afraid of cash, whatever.

I'd advise AT LEAST $1,000 cash in your hidey hole safe or secret spot, and keep cash in some other places too.

DO NOT do all your business at one bank. In fact, go with a local Credit Union, preferably 2 or 3.

For example, I have accounts at WEOKIE and also at Tinker FCU, and at each of those I have a checking and savings open and available. Why? If your account at one entity is compromised, locked down, shut down, whatever, or cleaned out, you're screwed. If you have 2 or more financial insitutions, with money stashed in them, you can still buy gas, buy groceries, pay the utilities, etc etc etc, without touching emergency hidey-hole cash.

And, as mentioned above, DON"T CARRY and use a Debit Card. You're just asking for financial trouble, and it's only a matter of time before troubles arrives, not if.

I don't care if you're cash poor, broke assed, whatever. Sell some stuff, get a part time job, go do UBER or Door Dash or something, and put every penny of that into Emergency Funds.

I guarantee you, **** happens, it does and it will happen. Thieves, wives and soon to be ex-wives, keep cash on hand, out of the way safe, don't spend it, don't talk about or flaunt it. Why? My old wife robbed my business bank savings account of ALL it's money, I didn't know it for a month while she kicked my ass to the curb, so to speak, and we split up.

It's kinda like the old saying Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up. Gather cash, stash it, shut up. **** happens.

About a year ago I got a phone call from my investment bank asking if I was in Europe and just spent 5 different transactions in England & Germany, all 5 within a few seconds. NOPE! I did NOT.

Some thieving bastard somehow somewhere got my debit card number and went to town, so to speak. Of the 5 charges, 2 went through, the other 3 were blocked by the bank. It took a while but I got my money back. The bank told me that, most likely, my debit card was compromised probably months before and sat in the Dark Web waiting to be sold to criminals. I had no idea what a Dark Web was, but I sure did learn fast. Dang Criminals and thieves!!!

Sorry about the long story, but I feel strongly about this sort of thing, and a word to the wise old saying is still good advice, I think.

Good luck to all yall.

I concur

We used multiple banks and multiple accounts. Keep cash in the safe and deal mostly in cash. Purchase very little online, 1 card specically for online use, $1-$5 in account.

I HATE thieves

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna hear what the branch manager said.

Sounded like a Pedo Joe speech, lots of stammering, mumbling and apologizing.
I had dealt with him for almost 20 years.
I am not rich, by any means, but I had a sizeable account.

After several minutes, he called the clerk in (a young lady [<25] that had been there less than a year.

Very unprofessionally, he starts asking about Saturday and chewing her out.
He tells her she is fired and looks at me, as if for approval.

I have him a look that I wasn't happy, said that I didn't want her fired, she had done nothing wrong. Where was the account flagged the purchase was approved?
I hold them young lady that I wasn't upset with her, it was bank policy and procedure that caused the problem and she deserved an apology.

I glared at the manager. He stammers some more, apologized to her and said she could return to work.

She slowly stood, turned to me, apologized for the mix up, thanked me for my kindness and understanding. Turned to manager, called him an ******* and quit.

I asked her to close my 3 accounts and bring me the cash, before she left.

He stammers some more. I left.

2 weeks later, he was fired. I don't know they circumstances.
The branch was closed for Covid and never reopened.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"... forgive me for what I would do... I can tolerate a lot of things, but thieves are not on the list."

Personally, I have no justification to ask for forgiveness (and would not do so), because I definitely would act intentionally, and with absolutely NO regret. Thieves are the lowest scum on earth, worse even than murderers.

Think about it. Murderers kill quickly. Thieves, by stealing possessions that you spent time and money - a part of your life! - to obtain, kill slowly, a painful step at a time. Both murderers and thieves knowingly/intentionally forfeit their humanity... thereby voluntarily giving up all legal, moral, ethical, societal and practical benefits/protections/rights of citizenship (if that were untrue, they could never be imprisoned). Anyone care to try to prove that statement wrong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom