Mic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only neck size those calibers that have oversize chambers. All of the 303 Brits I have ever owned had oversized chambers and if you FL size the brass from them you are lucky to get three reloads out of them. I also use a neck sizer for my 22 hornet again to get more case life. Semi autos like the M1-Garand need fl sizing in order to function properly. I have never seen a garand with a chamber oversize enough to create problems with brass life, but there are lots of things I haven't seen yet. As a rule, I FL size all my brass, both pistol and rifle with the exception of those I listed above. I use case gages when setting up my sizing die to make sure I don't create ammo out of sammi specs. I also test each round that I'm taking to a shoot or hunting trip to verify that they function in chambering. There have been several instances where using a different bullet ended up causing a problem with magazine length or other problems that would have stopped me cold had I not checked the functionality of my loads before leaving on the trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom