Michelle Malkin in Enid, OK: Supporters of Daniel Holtzclaw attend Malkin screening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been an interesting case for sure.
Thoroughly discussed on OSA.
As it continues with no judgement from me, the following words really come forward in the link from RugersGR8 link:
"Following the episode screening, a panel discussion took place, featuring former law enforcement officers and exonerees Brian Franklin and Ray Spencer, as well as the Holtzclaw family and other guests.

Franklin, a former Fort Worth, Texas, police officer, was convicted in 1995 of aggravated sexual assault of a child, and was acquitted last December after serving 21 years in prison.

He told the crowd they each “play a part in shining a light on the truth.”

“What happened to me can happen to anybody,” Franklin said. “All it takes is a false accusation and a poor investigation. It can happen to anybody.”

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/okc-officer-arrested-for-sex-crimes.202481/page-2#post-2841955

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/okc-officer-arrested-for-sex-crimes.202481/#post-2599567

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/okc-officer-arrested-for-sex-crimes.202481/#post-2599559

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the OP link:

..."Franklin said he was acquitted in part due to the testimony of a witness who had kept quiet for more than 15 years before disclosing evidence that supported his innocence. "...

..."Spencer said he had resigned himself to dying in prison after he was sentenced to 212 years for statutory rape in 1985.

He was denied parole five times and served 20 years in prison until forgotten evidence, including an interrogation video that had been in a retired detective’s garage since his trial, came to light."...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the OP link:

..."Franklin said he was acquitted in part due to the testimony of a witness who had kept quiet for more than 15 years before disclosing evidence that supported his innocence. "...

..."Spencer said he had resigned himself to dying in prison after he was sentenced to 212 years for statutory rape in 1985.

He was denied parole five times and served 20 years in prison until forgotten evidence, including an interrogation video that had been in a retired detective’s garage since his trial, came to light."...

"Forgotten" evidence has been the bane of many prisoners.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was unaware of the recent "secret hearings" and withheld evidence from personnel records that were potentially exculpatory. This sort of thing gets convictions set aside on appeal on a regular basis. The NewsOK articles on the case are still available on that site and paint the picture of a very tight case with damning evidence. Malkin's involvement is certainly an interesting factor, too.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe just like accusations against Trump or other people, people jump on the bandwagon to make an easy buck or simply see revenge on imagined transgressions. in Holtzclaw's case, it was at the prime of Obama's "push on racism" and some of those ladies were getting back at the Whites through Holtzclaw. At the time I thought that as most everyone else was against him. I'm not saying Holtzclaw is innocent f all charges but some are fabricated in my opinion.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe just like accusations against Trump or other people, people jump on the bandwagon to make an easy buck or simply see revenge on imagined transgressions. in Holtzclaw's case, it was at the prime of Obama's "push on racism" and some of those ladies were getting back at the Whites through Holtzclaw. At the time I thought that as most everyone else was against him. I'm not saying Holtzclaw is innocent f all charges but some are fabricated in my opinion.

I have said this exact thing all along. I believe he IS guilty of some of the charges. But I also believe he was used as a shining example of what overjealous detectives, brass and the DAs office can do to someone's life if it is politically expedient for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have said this exact thing all along. I believe he IS guilty of some of the charges. But I also believe he was used as a shining example of what overjealous detectives, brass and the DAs office can do to someone's life if it is politically expedient for them.
Also avoiding a civil rights lawsuit against the OKC Police Department and the City of OKC which would have not been cheap. Even the cost of defending against it would have been in the millions and millions, not counting if they were found in fault and had to pay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom