Microwave oven?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My luck is going like always. Bought a microwave on clearance at Walmart weeks ago. Then the wife and I got to feeling bad and did not get it set up and used. When we did we found that it does not work at all and neither one of us know where we put the receipt to take it back.

I am going to open it up and see if I can find the problem but have never worked on a microwave before. Any suggestions? Things to look for? It act like it is not getting power at all.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My luck is going like always. Bought a microwave on clearance at Walmart weeks ago. Then the wife and I got to feeling bad and did not get it set up and used. When we did we found that it does not work at all and neither one of us know where we put the receipt to take it back.

I am going to open it up and see if I can find the problem but have never worked on a microwave before. Any suggestions? Things to look for? It act like it is not getting power at all.
Take it back to Walmart. They should be able to find the receipt for you if you used a credit card. If not, they’ll probably at least give you store credit.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, especially if you can show them the same CC you purchased it with and they can run it through the system, they keep track of everything you purchase. I had something similar happen and they had to run my second CC through because I did not remember which one I had used. I carry two in case I am away from home and one has a problem I can still fill my tanks with the other one to get home. I have to switch back and forth every week or so, so each one has some of a balance each month. Hope it is an eazy deal for you. At least easier than trying to get it apart and find the problem which has some very high voltages in it to do troubleshooting. Most newer things are not designed to even be taken apart anymore.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure the receptacle it was plugged into has power? Just asking the obvious, sometimes we dont think about the simple things.
Yep, I am a former electrician and also worked as an apartment maintenance man in my younger days. Always check the obvious first.

"Maam, your lamp does not work because you unplugged it so that you could plug in your vibrator." :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom