Military Arms Channel: New Colt M5 rifle - Not worth the money - QC issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these legacy brands seem to only hang around because a lot of people are too nostalgic (aka misinformed) and would believe it was money well spent to buy their products.

There's also the concept of being a "patriotic consumer" and buying a brand primarily because it is (or was) American owned, despite the quality being worse than the competition.

Meanwhile a bunch of no names with creativity and milling talent are churning out a better product at less cost.

I enjoy owning my Colt LE6920 and I know the parts on it are supposed to meet the technical design package of the M4, but companies like Aero Precision and Rainier Arms are miles ahead.

A lot of these huge defense companies that get major tax dollars need to just go away if they can only get by with their wartime namesake and can't produce something similar to the small shops.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of these legacy brands seem to only hang around because a lot of people are too nostalgic (aka misinformed) and would believe it was money well spent to buy their products.

There's also the concept of being a "patriotic consumer" and buying a brand primarily because it is (or was) American owned, despite the quality being worse than the competition.

Meanwhile a bunch of no names with creativity and milling talent are churning out a better product at less cost.

I enjoy owning my Colt LE6920 and I know the parts on it are supposed to meet the technical design package of the M4, but companies like Aero Precision and Rainier Arms are miles ahead.

A lot of these huge defense companies that get major tax dollars need to just go away if they can only get by with their wartime namesake and can't produce something similar to the small shops.
I can't believe you would say that about Glock! :bolt: J/K!
Seriously though, they are just like any other American company and just trying to appease the shareholders at the expense of quality. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe you would say that about Glock! :bolt: J/K!
Seriously though, they are just like any other American company and just trying to appease the shareholders at the expense of quality. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid.
Oh don't get me started on Glock. The guns are $50 in materials but the fan boys can't pull out their credit cards fast enough to pay nearly 10x with every new generation that comes out, and it's usually just a minor tweak like finger grooves or a stronger spring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom