Military Members: Your favorite, most effective weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many to choose from! Loved watching the Cobras and their precision, listening to the rounds from a battle ship as they passed overhead to wreak havoc was awe inspiring, the solid column of tracers from "Spooky's mini-guns at night was amazing and the M-79 was just a gas to shoot.

My personal favorite was my M-14 with selector switch and bi-pod, great at fire suppression and on semi-auto could reach out and touch someone.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the Air Force. When I was in the FD, we had to qualify with the M16 twice a year. Not much choice there.

When I crossed over from the FD to the SP’s, daily carry was M16 or Model 15 S&W .38. In 1985 we turned in our .38’s and got the Beretta M9.

When we played war games, we had access to M16, XM148, and the M60. Belt feds are fun.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guns, big, small and everything else in between.
CAS Air, any of it. (USAF saved my butt more than a few times)
Attack Aviation, all of it (something about it makes the bad guy go...oh sh8t)
M777 155mm Arty Towed/AASLT/ABN (Um...yes Sir we can put guns there)
PSYOPS - to hell with the heart and mind of Abdullah
EW - Jammers are cool, not gonna hit me with an IED you schmock
Brown noise - Gota crap abdullah?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Guns, big, small and everything else in between.
CAS Air, any of it. (USAF saved my butt more than a few times)
Attack Aviation, all of it (something about it makes the bad guy go...oh sh8t)
M777 155mm Arty Towed/AASLT/ABN (Um...yes Sir we can put guns there)
PSYOPS - to hell with the heart and mind of Abdullah
EW - Jammers are cool, not gonna hit me with an IED you schmock
Brown noise - Gota crap abdullah?

Watching the 82nd and the 105's doing combat drops at Fort Bragg was pretty cool, and yes they can put them guns there LOL!!
When stationed at Bragg I was the 5tn wrecker operator and when the 82nd went to play war games I was there in support. Watched a couple vehicles burn in on those trips, which was spectacular .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Served, but not in a combat MOS. However, I trained in Basic and small training sessions with the M-14 and M-60, although very little with the M-60.

In hindsight and with respect to support, I'm a firm believer of ANY weapon that serves to support and protect the guys on the ground. (Comes with being an Army vet, I guess.) The A-10, helicopter gunships, and even the little observation craft, fixed wing or rotary, that was there to help.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
avenger-005.jpg

The Avenger weapon system with the Stinger missile, and the .50 cal M3P machine gun. Most effective short range air defense system. I retired after 21 years in 2011. I'm now back at Ft. Sill training our new soldiers on this system again as a civilian.
What I teach:

Latest posts

Top Bottom