Milk & Diarrhea My Observation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m now mildly lactose intolerant, but milk never bothered me up until my mid to late 30’s. I’ve never tried to pinpoint what brand of milk is worse for me, but Swamprat’s observations are interesting.
One observation I’ve made that my wife doesn’t believe is that if I add chocolate syrup to milk or ice cream I don’t have stomach issues. :anyone:
Tell your wife that chocolate is made from cocau, which has a natural anesthesia in it that calms the lining of your stomach. That's also why women love chocolate, it eases the tremendous stress that they experience from having husbands and children.

I totally made all of that up, but if you make it sound like you're complementing her, maybe she'll buy it. :rollingla

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to drink a lot of milk when I was young, but all those anti malaria drugs they loaded me up with in Afghanistan changed that. I found out real quick that I couldn’t have dairy. In the 12 years since I’ve gotten a little better, I can eat cheese or ice cream in moderation, put cream cheese on my bagel, eat Mac and cheese, but I can’t do milk. I can’t even tell if milk is bad anymore, because it always smells spoiled to me.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a simple case of lactose intolerance. It's not even considered an allergy but merely an intolerance. That's why lactase pills and lactose-free milk/ice cream/cheese can be sold over the counter.
Yep, try the lactose free, shelf like in about 4 times regular milk.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you age, a lot of people begin to have issues digesting milk. It happened to my dad. But interestingly enough, the author of the blood type diet claims the only blood type that has no issues with dairy are B's. Dad was a type O. Goat and jackass milk are supposed to be more digestible to humans in general. But up until they began to make these lactose free and A2 milks, you could still take the right kind of digestive enzymes and cheat a bit with dairy. In my opinion, the worst thing you can do is drink low fat or fat free milk. It should be consumed as close to the natural form as possible. Full-fat dairy is known to ward off diabetes too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom