Miller mig welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Miller 211. Here is a tip for the Auto-Set feature: If you are using a long cord, you will get a big enough voltage drops to mess it all up. I run .030" wire set on .035, it fixed the issue. Also, unless you are welding sheetmetal forget the 110, it just doesn't have the guts to make clean welds. I run mine on 220 all the time. I love it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now that's a smoking deal!
includes regulator and cart too... all you need is a bottle
let me dig to see if I've got an extra argon bottle

I found this today. This is a steal for this model.

Miller Millermatic 180 with cart - $395.84 from Grainger...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd order that miller 180 too ... if I didn't already have 8 welders :screwy:
what I'd really like to get is a Dynasty 300 ... that would be sweeeet...

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The need to cut metal will be present regardless of the size welder you have..So it makes sense to get the best cutting tool for the job

So much time is spent prepping and cutting metal and only a fraction of it is actually welding (depending on what your making)..Alot of my time is spent cutting thicker metals and actually doing so with good quality but cheaper options of metal cutting equipment like Chop saw, and Metal circular cutting saw found in most homeowners metal workshops. A plasma cutter would be awesome to have.Id trade my big welder out for a smaller 110V unit and plasma..

If it were my money, I would pursue the option of the plasma cutter as a priority over getting a larger welder..

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd order that miller 180 too ... if I didn't already have 8 welders :screwy:
what I'd really like to get is a Dynasty 300 ... that would be sweeeet...

What do you do with eight welders? Do they all work? I took advantage of this deal on the Miller 180, and am feeling quite flush with two welders :P

ETA: Grainger may have sold out of those welders at that price, because the link posted above to the Miller 180 now returns an error message on Grainger's site - "Item cannot be found"

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep they all work except my two Lincoln SA200 pipeliners. which needs carbs rebuilt.

Miller XMT304, Lincoln Idealarc tombstone 250 ac/dc, Marquett 250 amp mig, Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter, etc.

What do you do with eight welders? Do they all work? I took advantage of this deal on the Miller 180, and am feeling quite flush with two welders :P

ETA: Grainger may have sold out of those welders at that price, because the link posted above to the Miller 180 now returns an error message on Grainger's site - "Item cannot be found"

Latest posts

Top Bottom