Miller mig welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep they all work except my two Lincoln SA200 pipeliners. which needs carbs rebuilt.

Miller XMT304, Lincoln Idealarc tombstone 250 ac/dc, Marquett 250 amp mig, Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter, etc.

I just picked up a TD Cutmaster 38 off Craigslist. Very nice unit at a decent price, though I did have to order consumables to replace the beat-up parts. So what do you do with all your welders?

On a tangent, does anyone know how to retrieve the Miller 180 ad that was on Grainger's site yesterday? I'd like to re-check some of the data in that ad, but now that it's been taken down... Did anyone perchance save a screen shot I could get?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a TD Cutmaster 38 off Craigslist. Very nice unit at a decent price, though I did have to order consumables to replace the beat-up parts. So what do you do with all your welders?

On a tangent, does anyone know how to retrieve the Miller 180 ad that was on Grainger's site yesterday? I'd like to re-check some of the data in that ad, but now that it's been taken down... Did anyone perchance save a screen shot I could get?

I have screen shots on my computer at home but I dont think it is going to do you any good. I jusat got off the phone with A grainger rep and she said (basically) that the site messed up and that they would not honor the price listed on my invoice.

Too good to be true.............

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have screen shots on my computer at home but I dont think it is going to do you any good. I jusat got off the phone with A grainger rep and she said (basically) that the site messed up and that they would not honor the price listed on my invoice.

Too good to be true.............

Odd - I spoke with a Grainger rep last night because my original order was messed up and showed a spool gun instead of the Miller 180, and she adjusted the order to swap out the gun for the welder. She also quoted me the listed price for the welder, and the total cost with shipping. Then this morning I checked my order, and it still showed the spool gun, so I called Grainger back - heck, I wasn't going to miss out on that deal because of an error! The second rep, checking my order number, assured me that the welder was showing in the order, and she confirmed the "sale" price and that the welder would be shipped out in four business days. Nothing was said about not honoring the listed price, but I wouldn't be surprised if the second rep was clueless about the alleged mistake.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sure hope all you folks that ordered the Miller 180 actually receive it at the $395 price. which obviously was a mistake. usually companies will not honor mistakes for online pricing.

looks like correct price is $1,100 without cart
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MI...Electric-_-5GVY9&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5GVY9

my TD is a Cutmaster 50 ... Alloy welding in Sulpulpa is the place to go for consumables. they also repair TD.

what I do with the welders is .... play with em, kinda like having more than 2-3 guns.. big boy toys

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a little suprized that someone found a real deal on anything from Granger. When I was with Motorola we had a Granger account and almost had to buy from them but I could always find the same thing for less some place else.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's a brand new Lincoln Pro Mig 180 on tulsa craigslist

Linconln Electric Welding model Pro Mig 180 - $550
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/tls/2433231260.html

Hmm, I did some research on that unit. It seems there are two different versions, the T and the C, and the latter is the one to get according to the comments and reviews on other forums. The former is the one sold in the big-box stores, from what I can tell.

Think I'll stick with Miller... that is, if Grainger honors their "sale" price. Haven't heard back yet to the contrary.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
personally would rather spend $650 for a used Millermatic 250 vs spending about same $$ for a new smaller amp model. with MIG welders it's easy to exceed duty cycle of machine. larger welders when operated at lower amps can be close to 100% duty cycle.

Hmm, I did some research on that unit. It seems there are two different versions, the T and the C, and the latter is the one to get according to the comments and reviews on other forums. The former is the one sold in the big-box stores, from what I can tell.

Think I'll stick with Miller... that is, if Grainger honors their "sale" price. Haven't heard back yet to the contrary.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
heads up on this craiglist deal... Lincoln Idealarc Tombstone AC/DC welder for $350 with leads.

this is one of the finest 220v stick welders ever made. 250 amp DC / 300 amp AC at a hefty duty cycle. with a high frequency box added will TIG aluminum (AC). copper wound for a butter smooth arc. one of the nicest arc's without going to an engine driven SA200 pipeliner.

paid $550 for mine and thought it was a bargain. just make sure it's a single phase model with AC/DC. some of these tombstone Idealarc welders were three phase and were AC only.

the more common Lincoln 225 AC only buzz boxes will not weld anywhere close to a hefty AC/DC welder like this tombstone Idealarc.
---------------

Lincoln AC/DC welder 300 amp AC and 250 amp DC,Has 25 to 30 ft welding leads.This picture ISN'T the weld that is for sale but is the same make and model.was asking $400 but will sell for $350.918-452-3975

[Broken External Image]

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
heads up on this craiglist deal... Lincoln Idealarc Tombstone AC/DC welder for $350 with leads.

Cy, I'm going to have to put you on my ignore list. Your heads-up notices about welders for sale aren't doing any good for my wallet ;)

Wonder what this Lincoln welder is like, if the pictured example is not the one being sold. I'm guessing it's in rough condition if it hasn't sold at $400.

Latest posts

Top Bottom