Miller mig welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably should de-acclimate myself from the A/C :P I spent about five hours outside yesterday, mostly early in the morning, but it was still pretty warm and humid even with a 42" shop fan blowing directly at me. My all-metal shop seems to concentrate the heat; I wonder if installing a vent fan in an end wall under the peak of the roof would help?

Get a smaller turbo fan. Like this one

http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Place it just outside the building entrance pointing low into the building. This puts fresh outside air in to the building and pushes the hot air outside.

Then use your shop fan inside

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cut some 3/4 by 4" steel with my Evolution saw and was so impressed I thought Id share a picture of the cull piece. It is so smooth it has a polished feel to it. For anyone on the fence about getting a cold cut saw I HIGHLY recommend it!

ETA: The slag is from the yard where I bought steel from. NOT from the saw. I was cutting it off to get a smooth edge to weld to.

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_b5d816ba.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cut some 3/4 by 4" steel with my Evolution saw and was so impressed I thought Id share a picture of the cull piece. It is so smooth it has a polished feel to it. For anyone on the fence about getting a cold cut saw I HIGHLY recommend it!

ETA: The slag is from the yard where I bought steel from. NOT from the saw. I was cutting it off to get a smooth edge to weld to.

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_b5d816ba.jpg

I've very happy with mine as well, just need to devise a chip control device.....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The cut was made along the face with the curved swirl marks (i.e., facing toward the left)? If so, that's how it was immediately after the cut - no cleaning up? That's one mighty nice cut!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please watch those saws they are very dangerous they like to grab things and throw them across the shop I had to replace mine with a dake

"Those saws" specifically state that you clamp the item to be cut. I can see that it could get ugly if you didn't, not sure how it would throw something that was properly clamped.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cut was made along the face with the curved swirl marks (i.e., facing toward the left)? If so, that's how it was immediately after the cut - no cleaning up? That's one mighty nice cut!

Yup, .75 tall and 4" long of a cut. Nothing more. The cut face is impressive but even more then that, If you look closely @ the edge see how sharp it is? Not too bad for 200 bucks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads-up; I was at Quick Service Steel in Tulsa this morning, and they have a few pieces of 1 1/4" thick steel in their scrap area. They seem mostly about 1' x 1', but there's an L-shaped piece about twice that size.

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CY_ I was at a scrap yard today and saw where someone brought in 6 (yup i said SIX) of these idealarc welders in to be scrapped. What a waste.

yes mine is on a make-do platform with rollers. there's a super cool factory cart for tombstone idealarc with metal wheels that everyone including me wants.

did I mention tombstone idealarc is one of the best welders ever made? :D

i46.tinypic.com_2jcvl6q.jpg

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=34049

Latest posts

Top Bottom