Miller mig welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might try some .25 wire for the thinner stuff. If you want to try the copper bar trick let me know and ill try to round you up a small piece

Who in town carries .025 wire? I've only seen .030 and .035 in flux core, but I've only been in a couple welding shops and didn't look that hard. I'll keep you in mind about the copper bar - thanks!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the 150CF bottle seems to be the best route, man that thing is tall....

Any thoughts on mounting it at an angle, or even horizontally?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the 150CF bottle seems to be the best route, man that thing is tall....

Any thoughts on mounting it at an angle, or even horizontally?

I asked that same question - maybe here or on another forum, and was told NOT to mount it any other way but vertically. Something to do with the pickup tube needing to be at the bottom of the cylinder, relatively speaking. Mount it against a wall with a secure means of retention, or on a sturdy cylinder dolly.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright since this has morphed into a metal working thread....

Have any of you used POR15? I got a quart and put some on my firewood rack last night, it's good stuff. And I WAY over bought with a quart, so if any of you want to try it....

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked that same question - maybe here or on another forum, and was told NOT to mount it any other way but vertically. Something to do with the pickup tube needing to be at the bottom of the cylinder, relatively speaking. Mount it against a wall with a secure means of retention, or on a sturdy cylinder dolly.

A compressed gas cylinder can theoretically be used in any orientation. However, laying it on its side just makes the regulator and valve a nice target for dropping stuff on. I'd leave it upright.

An acetylene cylinder, on the other had, must be used upright.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A compressed gas cylinder can theoretically be used in any orientation. However, laying it on its side just makes the regulator and valve a nice target for dropping stuff on. I'd leave it upright.

An acetylene cylinder, on the other had, must be used upright.

Ah, the acetylene must be what I was thinking of. Thanks for setting me straight on that score.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who in town carries .025 wire? I've only seen .030 and .035 in flux core, but I've only been in a couple welding shops and didn't look that hard. I'll keep you in mind about the copper bar - thanks!
Atwoods has it in Hobart which is a real good wire

Latest posts

Top Bottom