Million Dollar Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as pond deicing, I'm almost thinking the best way is to make the pond attractive to ducks.
This last snow and sub 20's temps had every pond frozen over except for the ones with ducks on them.
My million dollar idea is something to make sure ducks use your pond. It's already possible though.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been thinking about my million dollar idea, stay with me. A drive by shooting school.

If the gang banger could hit the other gang bangers and leave the innocent bystanders alone, that’s a huge win.

Advanced class would be shooting from a car with hydraulics. Think I can get government funding.

How about a sighting system on a gyroscope --- no matter which angle the pistol is at (sideways, etc.), the sight is always right-side up?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as pond deicing, I'm almost thinking the best way is to make the pond attractive to ducks.
This last snow and sub 20's temps had every pond frozen over except for the ones with ducks on them.
My million dollar idea is something to make sure ducks use your pond. It's already possible though.
Ducks Unlimited has been trying for years.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
On that note, I got a flyer from our local Votech today. One of the classes offered was farming business and how to develop a plan.
Thought that was a great class for new farmers.
When I started, it was on the cuff. Had zero clue how to start and no idea how much the government is involved. Followed grandpas model of farming which was work ground, plant, harvest and see if you make it year to year.
Holy crap its different now! I'm retired from farming now, leasing out the ground, but working one's way through the government crap now almost requires a degree in AG.
I know. You also have to have access to the software to fix your equipment, GPS for tracking and crop management, and how to get $750,000 a year to not raise hogs.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here's your next million $$$$ @dennishoddy. I'm just not smart enough to make it happen. Literally, just thought of this and no idea if it already ezists.

Yall know the round Rumba automatic vacuum cleaners? Yep, well, make one of these same types of things but that float and drive themselves around a pond in random fashion causing enough water surface disturbance to keep it from freezing over. Find a way to keep it in an area small enough to keep water from freezing on larger ponds. Make the docking station powered off a deep cycle marine battery and solar panel to charge it when the battery gets low and automatically returns to home/docking station to recharge.

Someone tell me the flaws in this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's your next million $$$$ @dennishoddy. I'm just not smart enough to make it happen. Literally, just thought of this and no idea if it already ezists.

Yall know the round Rumba automatic vacuum cleaners? Yep, well, make one of these same types of things but that float and drive themselves around a pond in random fashion causing enough water surface disturbance to keep it from freezing over. Find a way to keep it in an area small enough to keep water from freezing on larger ponds. Make the docking station powered off a deep cycle marine battery and solar panel to charge it when the battery gets low and automatically returns to home/docking station to recharge.

Great Idea! If a pond was any size at all, it would probably take a fleet of rumbas to keep it open would be the only drawback.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Meh...

...I don't know about that. It seems like a bunch of battery operated items that would catch on fire like the EV's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom