Mini 14 and mini 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to me that anything Ruger has gone up at a far higher % than other guns out
There. I have had a mini 14 for a long time, still shoots great

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I was referring to Congress S.25 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2023
The proposed ban would include Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF
1675770391310.png

but exclude Ruger Mini 30 and Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're probably counting on prices going up even more, it's an investment. Everyone knows the Mini is a sub-par, inaccurate Fudd gun, so they'll probably disappear soon, and they'll be relics with value.

*they are NOT the gun that lost Vietnam

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I’m odd man out but I frankly prefer the Mini 14 over an AR as it meets all my needs (and I have both). That said I suspect the increase in prices is probably due to demand like @TeamTomlyn said, because it isn’t a scary “assault rifle” that holds “300 rounds in its clip”. For the people who live in those states unfairly targeting AR style rifles it’s a way to have a 5.56 with a 20-30 round mag and avoid any unwanted attention. On the other hand everything has doubled to tripled in price from eggs to gasoline so there’s that. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Blow out your LUNG !!!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy isn’t that the truth. I have, well I gave it to my daughter, a Mossberg 151M. Saw one at the Lawton Gun Show this weekend and thought hmmmm??? This by no means was a pristine example but wasn’t beat either. The guy was asking $450.00 and I thought to myself “are you NUTS?”
Those type of deals were everywhere.

I would love to have a Mini-30, but no way at what the asking prices are.

Lawton was the most disappointing show I have ever been to. Pitiful!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but it’s still listed as an assault rifle on every list that the Liberals make.

I was referring to Congress S.25 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2023
The proposed ban would include Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF
View attachment 346554

but exclude Ruger Mini 30 and Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip)

One very disappointing fact, Bill Ruger helped to write the Clinton AWB, wording it explicitly to NOT ban the Mini-14 or Mini-30.

Just watch a few episodes of A-Team. Nobody ever gets shot with a Mini-14. No need to ban them.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Mini in 6.8 many years ago. Sold it to a buddy. I've been trying to get that gun back for over 5 years.

In my head I read that as "I had a MINI gun in 6.8" and I was going to call shenanigans because they never made a MINI Gun in 6.8 as far as I knew.
Then my dumbass realized you were talking about the gun Ruger makes...

Latest posts

Top Bottom