Mini-14s at fire sale prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hated my mini-14 stainless ranch rifle. After the first couple of shots, the accuracy went to minute of pie plate. I tried every load I could conceive and nothing changed. That danged barrel band is the culprit IMHO.
Yeah, accuracy has never been as good as it should be for what they usually sell for but I'd try one at $399. Just like most gun purchases if you buy it right and don't like it you can at least sell it and get your money back.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hated my mini-14 stainless ranch rifle. After the first couple of shots, the accuracy went to minute of pie plate. I tried every load I could conceive and nothing changed. That danged barrel band is the culprit IMHO.

Agree, had one back in the 90's, with a butler creek folding stock. I sold it, and got my first AR. I have to admit, miss my A-Team gun! lol

With a cold barrel accuracy was ok. With a hot barrel, it started to whip, and you lost accuracy. I heard the new 580 mini-14 are better.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree, had one back in the 90's, with a butler creek folding stock. I sold it, and got my first AR. I have to admit, miss my A-Team gun! lol

With a cold barrel accuracy was ok. With a hot barrel, it started to whip, and you lost accuracy. I heard the new 580 mini-14 are better.
There is a guy in Colorado that is supposed to accurize the mini-14's. Don't know what he charges though.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had a hardon for one of these with a folding stock...but never bit the bullet. Going in I know they're not precision guns, but it would be a fun compact shooter I'd think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom