Minnesota friends first Hog Hunting trip...TX Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some guys we went Deer hunting with up north wanted to get away from the snow, so came down to a buddies place in TX for some hog hunting. I went down to tag along but let them stay on the guns. My buddy in TX has a thermal on a blackout and he borrowed a friends AR10 with a thermal so we had a pair. Get to the field friday night and there's a huge pig under the feeder just waiting on us which they miss in the excitement. I stay there at the stand with one of the guys, and my buddy sets out on foot with the other guy. About 10 minutes later it sounds like WW3 is breaking out on the back side of the property. 8 piggies down in a matter of 3 minutes maybe. Mind you, this is all within well under an hour of us getting out to the property...so the guys are pumped up.
Sadly...all that seemed to scare the pigs away for the weekend as it was dead quiet the rest of the time. Saw a bunch of other animals but no pigs. I still think the guys are hooked and will return for more fun. It was a 17hr drive for them and sounded like they had a blast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom