Missouri Going the opposite way of New Mexico. BIGGLY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is damned interesting. If this is all true, they be gettin serious y'all. I may move...

Some of the more interesting pieces. Full story in link.

Missouri may have just made the most monumental step towards freedom and individual liberty since the signing of the Bill of Rights. In an upcoming vote by Missouri’s state senate, the state is expected to pass a bill that would nullify ALL Federal gun laws and regulations, and make enforcement of those laws by federal officers within the State of Missouri a criminal offense. Republicans control both U.S. Senate seats and more than two-thirds of the seats in both the Missouri.

"All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”

The Missouri bill also includes criminal charges for any federal agent who violates SB367. As per the new law, state and local (municipal & county) law enforcement officers would be given “discretionary power” to determine if they will press criminal charges against federal agents who break the law by enforcing the now nullified federal gun control measures.

Just in case that isn’t enough, Missouri’s Senate also passed a measure supporters say will work hand-in-hand with SB367, solidifying it by codifying the Second Amendment into Missouri’s state constitution. Senate Joint Resolution 36 (SJR36) proposes an amendment to the Missouri state constitution with text obligating the state government to uphold the right to keep and bear arms. It passed the Senate today by a vote of 29-4. If passed by the House, it will be entered on the ballot for Missouri voters’ approval this fall. The amendment would elevate the Right to Bear Arms to “unalienable status,” thereby obligating the state, its courts and agencies to defend it as a guaranteed right of Missouri citizens.

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Max Headroom gets a byline in the story at the link. Sounds legit.
Looks like if it passes Missouri would become a sanctuary state for firearms.
The article from The Sentinel suggests that State and local authorities will not help enforce federal gun laws. The local authorities will have "discretionary power" to prosecute Feds who try to enforce Federal Laws. Not sure if that's actually spelled out in SB 367 (I can't find it in there)
If it is in there, you can probably trust the Missourians to be pretty discreet with their discretionary powers. They are not gonna be throwing a bunch of Feds in jail.

Last edited:

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being that I am a Missouri boy, born and raised this makes me proud. I’ve only been in OK for about 10 years now. I hope a few more states will follow, I believe that the Midwest is the sleeping giant. A lot of gun owners wake up and push back and we will win the fight

Latest posts

Top Bottom