Missouri Senate Bill 39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said the states have to work in union.
If enough states get on board, the feds can’t intimidate anyone because the majority source of funding for the feds comes from from the states.
Of course the liberal states won’t get onboard but the leftists coasts don’t represent the rest of the fly over country that does support the 2A
I mean, the majority of the funding comes from the taxpayer technically, but that's a different discussion perhaps. The problem with the whole ignoring "the leftists coasts" when it comes to an argument about funding is that IIRC about 70 percent of US GDP is in those areas. And the way the math works is that they are actually losing money to red states because they pay more to the feds than they get back in federal dollars (programs, grants, projects etc). Again, IIRC the only traditionally red state with a completely self-supporting economy is Texas.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the most powerful statement in this discussion.
The feds do have to listen to the states as they rely on the states for a lot of funding.

If enough states took this approach and formed a union it would be tough for the feds to enforce anything because most of the feds money comes from states.
The feds always threaten to remove funds for infrastructure and so on if the individual state doesn’t comply with one of their mandates. But it’s the states money in the first place.
Remember the bill that Mississippi filed that was asking almost all the southern states, including ours to form an interstate compact that would do away with all federal gun laws and those states would back each other up if the feds tried to get out of hand. I even emailed Stitt about it but it never went anywhere. Obviously Mississippi didn’t get enough states to commit to doing it. That’s the problem. There are so many governors that act like they are pro gun but ain’t. That goes for the legislature too. Thankfully Stitt has kept his 2A promises so far. I sure would love to see this bill come up again and actual become law in numerous states.

Latest posts

Top Bottom