Mixmaster M1 carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a neat story and project. Glad you got it completed.

But I have to chuckle over that fence and tree. No worries about a strong wind causing the branches to knock against the sides of the holes?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We have enlarged the holes once. The neighbor has taken wood and made big oak leaves around the holes on his side, looks really nice. It does rub a little but it's a simple 6-8 board change after this idea runs its course.
Steve has seen it. It really looks kinda cool and the tree does give us a lot of shade

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you were able to get her back in complete and working order Darren. M1 Carbines are honestly on my list of top two or three favorite suplus firearms. My lone carbine is also an Inland and is pretty much the definition of a mixmaster.

WWII Digger also supplied me with with a few carbine items including a much needed NOS SA four rivet handguard that perfectly matched my SA rebuild / replacement stock and a mint carbine case (see link below for pics and parts breakdown of rifle). If you happen to need a muzzle cover, I have a spare on hand that came from John. They are pretty much useless for anything other than being a rust magnet, but if you want one as an accessory...it's yours.

http://m.imgur.com/a/NBDiF

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is pretty Luke. i don't have the patience to tear it all down and log each piece. Great pics and a really nice carbine.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is pretty Luke. i don't have the patience to tear it all down and log each piece. Great pics and a really nice carbine.

I was apparently bored enough one day to break it and the Garand down to photograph and document the parts on each. The photos make some of the wear look worse than it appears in person, but it is far from perfect. The Winny Type 1 slide does have a decent amount of light pitting that was refinished over during a rebuild and the color of the trigger housing is very similar to Bavarian carbines that I've seen. I'm not quite sure if the rifle would be considered service or field grade. Barrel is within SG specs, but the amount of wear on most of the metal parts would probably knock it down to FG.

Within the last year I ran across a correct hand stamp Inland at SSP North. I made the mistake of posting photos on the CMP forums asking for a rough value while I had it on hold. Unfortunately someone reverse image searched the listing photos and bought it out from under me on SSP's website that evening. Live and learn...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was apparently bored enough one day to break it and the Garand down to photograph and document the parts on each. The photos make some of the wear look worse than it appears in person, but it is far from perfect. The Winny Type 1 slide does have a decent amount of light pitting that was refinished over during a rebuild and the color of the trigger housing is very similar to Bavarian carbines that I've seen. I'm not quite sure if the rifle would be considered service or field grade. Barrel is within SG specs, but the amount of wear on most of the metal parts would probably knock it down to FG.

Within the last year I ran across a correct hand stamp Inland at SSP North. I made the mistake of posting photos on the CMP forums asking for a rough value while I had it on hold. Unfortunately someone reverse image searched the listing photos and bought it out from under me on SSP's website that evening. Live and learn...

That's crazy! but believable. The level some will stoop has no bounds.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Nothing to be ashamed about a mixmaster. Like their big brother the Garand, almost every rifle left government service as a mix master.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carbine were mixmasters when issused as there was what 20 subcontactors suppling parts to the 6 companies building the M1 ,parts were dumped in to bins on the line and grabed as needed and once the M1's went to depot for rebuild , all the parts were pulled dumped together ,cleaned ,inspected and replaced as needed

Latest posts

Top Bottom