MKII work sharp..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it, just butchered 45 chickens with sharp knives and kept sharp the same 2000 grit.. I also use it on the 3 lawn mower blades with 220 and it makes quick work of them too.. If ya ain't got it's at atwoods for $80.. Every knoife here is about razor charp..

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My step father had one of the originals. They definitely work but you have to know what you’re doing. I think he ruined every knife in the house with that thing. I used it to get some at least serviceable but there’s not a point to be found on a knife in my moms house due to that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, yes you can NOT run it past the tip, the tip must stop at the belt/ belt center.. There is of course a learning curve but it does make quick work of sharpening compared to the manual work sharp or stones.. I'm getting a lot of use from it since it's hand held and will sharpen most anything with a cutting edge.. If I had any big $ knives I might stay on the manuals but for the kitchen, shop and mower blades I'm much enjoying it..

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many people when they think their knife is dull will start with the coarse grit and go up. Try finest first to realign the edge then if not sharp you can go to coarser grit. Had a knife come back from California to redo the tip and they had lost 1/8 inch of their blade edge from sticking it in a kitchen knife sharpener and grind away. Some stupid people.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, yes you can NOT run it past the tip, the tip must stop at the belt/ belt center.. There is of course a learning curve but it does make quick work of sharpening compared to the manual work sharp or stones.. I'm getting a lot of use from it since it's hand held and will sharpen most anything with a cutting edge.. If I had any big $ knives I might stay on the manuals but for the kitchen, shop and mower blades I'm much enjoying it..
It's 'Dabomb for shop and lawnmower blades! I find that a plain old set of crock sticks works just fine for 99% of the time. I'll break out the Lansky with stones if I "kill the blade" that bad but I try not to let it gt that bad in the first place. I like them sharp enough to shave hair and generally keep them that way.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had an original Work Sharp for years, but I rarely use it. I like my Lansky much better. I’ll look into the MkII version though, because I need a better more efficient way to sharpen mower blades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom