MMJ legality question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK a question to the legal beagals out there?
Say i have/own guns in my house and i have ac problems and know that the tech that is coming to work on it uses mmj can i let him in to work with me or spouse present and still be legal or ask for a different tech?
This question was presented to me and i didnt feel i had the correct answer for it, so bringing it here to see if i could find a answer.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be afraid that the ATF guy that constantly watches your house would figure it out and confiscate your stuff. Better to be on the safe side and get another tech, or just be hot until fall.

Nah - I'm with CHenry. Not an issue, and nothing I'd even concern myself with.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as he isn't smoking it in your house, there shouldn't be an issue IMO. You are not inviting him over to fondle and grope your collection, he is coming over to service your a/c.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you know he smokes and you refuse to allow him in your house it could be considered discrimination once it's declared legal sot smoke MJ. Who knows?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks. :drunk2:
Most* crimes have a mens rea ("guilty mind") element--it's fundamentally unfair to charge you with a crime that you didn't know you were committing.

Do note that the "guilty mind" element only requires that you know the nature of your actions, not that they're prohibited. As the maxim goes, "ignorance of the law is no defense."

* The most obvious crime I can think of that doesn't have a mens rea requirement is statutory rape. "She said she was 18" will still get you twenty, even if you checked her ID. Strict liability sucks, especially in criminal law.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom