Mmmmm CZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They told me, "Don't get a CZ. You'll just want more CZ's."
They keep multiplying!
CZ's.jpg

Lonestar_Okie

Marksman
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed my other, surprisingly busy, thread about wanting a cheap carry gun
after not really paying much attention to pistols for a lot of years. I got that settled, more or less, but
somewhere in the last month or two of reading and researching and looking at and fondling pistols,
I decided I wanted a *nice*, all-metal handgun that wasn't a 1911.
(1911's are awesome, learned to shoot on one, just wanted something a little different)

I ran across a CZ P-01 at a local pawn/gun joint, new in box, 2021 production date.
It was right at msrp naturally, but it was the only one around and something just appealed to
me about it's size and balance. It is night and day to any of the common polymer frame guns,
the thing feels like it's cut out of a single hunk of metal and just pretty well molded to my hand.
Compared to most of what I've shot, with the exception of some 1911's, the trigger on SA may as well
be a match part lol. The sights, ehhhh... We'll see about that. I will say they have some of the best
phosphorescent paint I've ever seen, you can just about see them glowing in day light after a flashlight
excites them. But I question the usefulness of non-tritium night sights in general.
Anyway, I'm quite fond of it already.

I was sorely tempted by a couple of Sig's but the price of them is
just a bit much. But I will keep my eye out for the right P226.

Another thing that was in the running was a Beretta 92 of some flavor.
The ergonomics were just a little iffy with the switch up on the slide.
I'd still take one at the right deal, for when I need to live action role-play Magnum PI.

View attachment 232407
Congrats, I like the CZ , chose a PO7 for a compact carry instead of a Glock

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed my other, surprisingly busy, thread about wanting a cheap carry gun
after not really paying much attention to pistols for a lot of years. I got that settled, more or less, but
somewhere in the last month or two of reading and researching and looking at and fondling pistols,
I decided I wanted a *nice*, all-metal handgun that wasn't a 1911.
(1911's are awesome, learned to shoot on one, just wanted something a little different)

I ran across a CZ P-01 at a local pawn/gun joint, new in box, 2021 production date.
It was right at msrp naturally, but it was the only one around and something just appealed to
me about it's size and balance. It is night and day to any of the common polymer frame guns,
the thing feels like it's cut out of a single hunk of metal and just pretty well molded to my hand.
Compared to most of what I've shot, with the exception of some 1911's, the trigger on SA may as well
be a match part lol. The sights, ehhhh... We'll see about that. I will say they have some of the best
phosphorescent paint I've ever seen, you can just about see them glowing in day light after a flashlight
excites them. But I question the usefulness of non-tritium night sights in general.
Anyway, I'm quite fond of it already.

I was sorely tempted by a couple of Sig's but the price of them is
just a bit much. But I will keep my eye out for the right P226.

Another thing that was in the running was a Beretta 92 of some flavor.
The ergonomics were just a little iffy with the switch up on the slide.
I'd still take one at the right deal, for when I need to live action role-play Magnum PI.

View attachment 232407
CZ makes a good pistol....nice choice

Latest posts

Top Bottom