Mo Brooks, finally a Rep. with some common sense and cajones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many lib dems will vote for it? :anyone::rollingla:rotflmao:

http://whnt.com/2017/06/19/u-s-rep-...ongress-members-to-carry-firearms-nationwide/
U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks to offer bill allowing Congressional members to carry firearms nationwide
POSTED 6:33 PM, JUNE 19, 2017, BY BRIAN LAWSON, UPDATED AT 06:39PM, JUNE 19, 2017

..."Brooks’ office also said he supports a bill calling for reciprocal concealed carry rights for gun owners who have a valid concealed carry permit in their home state. The measure would direct states with concealed carry laws to recognize the permits issued in other states."

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't this like the OK question that allowed legislators and certain Judges to carry while the general population remained unarmed in the courts and federal buildings?
A little too elitist for my liking.
Bingo. I'm unequivocally opposed to creating a special class of privileges, especially when that class coincides with the ruling class.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm opposed to elitism and especially in Congress, but I'm in favor of incrementalism on our behalf. The left has used it successfully for decades to our detriment, so let them have it I say!
Incrementalism works as a strategy when you're chipping away at something that applies to everybody bit-by-bit instead of going for a big change all at once; it doesn't work when you start giving special privileges to one group. When you do that, you remove some of the pressure by shrinking the base of people calling for change. It's especially ineffective when you give those special privileges to those in power to make the changes you want, because the strongest motivation they have is when they want something themselves; give it to them alone, and they no longer have skin in the game. "I got mine," and all that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom