Model 70

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a FTF with Model 70 / Mike He got some .22 ammo at a store and passed it on at the same price.
What a good guy to talk to and deal with..Good people for sure

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here's a little story about my dealings with Mike.

It started out a few months ago when I took possession of a few computers. I have been known to come across good deals on systems, refurb them, load them up with software and then sell them here or Craigslist. It's by no means a way of generating significant income...I don't really make much on any given deal, but if I have the free time, I figure why not.

Mike got a system from me and it seems I did a good job and he liked the one that I put together for him. First meetup went real smooth...drove down to OKC for it and was going to pick up a little bit of hardware although that guy (from armslist) bailed on me. Either way, wasn't a bad day at all.

A bit of time went by and I got a PM asking if I could put together another system. I usually just offer systems when I have them, but this particular setup should not have been hard to put together. Mike even took a risk by getting a piece of hardware I would need and sending it to me before anything got started. And that's where the problems on MY side started.

Long story short, my supplier forgot about my order, then sent me the wrong thing (while I was out of town) took a while to exchange to the right system, that "right" system was defective, then I had to call in some contacts to get me in touch with the owner of the company to get the whole mess all straightened out. Needless to say, this was not a quick turnaround like I thought it would be.

Through the entire process Mike was as gracious and forgiving as he could be. I felt horrible that everything had gone so wrong and tried my best to keep him updated with what was happening because I really hate to think that I am *that* guy who appears less than reputable. When all was said and done I got the system put together, and delivered it down to OKC for him. I felt so bad I literally just asked him for my cost on the system but he was still very kind to make sure I had a little bit in it to walk away with.

I cannot say enough good things about his graciousness, kindness, and the fact that he is a genuinely nice guy to hang out and have a chat with in the QT parking lot. Having done it twice now, I can for sure say that I would not mind to run into him again, although I certainly hope that in the future I would have my side of things smoother than what he dealt with.

Quick summary: One of the most awesome people on the boards that I have ever run across.