1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

"Moderators/staff" of OSA

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Ignored Member, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Why is it OK for the so called "staff" of OSA to create bickering and childish bantering amongst the members here?
    There was a time when those people were the ones who put a stop to the bantering amongst members, but now they're the instigators and seem to get a chub from pissing people off.

If trolling to create immature chaos from the moderators is the way it is here now, then good luck keeping people here for your sponsors.

This is a gun forum. Can we just get back to talking about how much dust are guns are collecting in the safe?

2. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I dust my guns fairly often. With no collected dust to discuss, maybe we can end the world's problems or something.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  3. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Dust on my guns?.....Get off my lawn!!!
    Ha!

Ignored Member likes this.
  4. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Do you have specific threads/posts in mind? If they are political and/or religious in nature, we created 'join-only' sub-forums for those discussions, and most of those threads end up there. Regarding other topics, mods/admin do have the freedom here to speak their opinions, too. We try to curb personal attacks, but allow ideological disagreements/opinions/etc. from mods/admin as we do from everyone. The format of OSA doesn't perfectly fit everyone, but we try to maintain a fairly open and inclusive environment that welcomes as many enthusiasts (along with their opinions and perspectives) as possible.

When you 'Report' a post, the team discusses it and makes a decision about the best way to handle that one, and the best way to handle future ones (if applicable), so I recommend using that feature when you think something is breaking rules.

5. Blakew

Blakew Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have bad a different experience.. When making a statement of this nature you sbould give examples and name names

6. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  7. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The Mixon thread comes to mind. There are numerous times there of "moderators" fanning the flames and creating more bickering.
    There's just been a lot of childishness from the staff that should instead be setting an example of how to act.

MadDogs likes this.
  8. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Mixon vs Rousy UFC 208. Only on pay per view. For OSU grads, there will be a picture book, with small words, describing the fight available on Amazon.

mightymouse, THE JOKER and MadDogs like this.
  9. Shootin 4 Fun

Shootin 4 Fun Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Quite frankly, after your little ***** fit in the Mixon thread, you're lucky to still be on this forum.

10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't mind some banter, people expressing opinions, even some mild to moderate personal jibes - but it's not my forum. Moderators should enforce the rules. If the rules say no bickering, no expressing contrary opinions, no pointing out controversial things, then so be it. If they say live and let live, then so be that, too.

Mods are people.

druryj and MasterMacBayter like this.