Moles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My soil is hard with not much top soil and hard clay below. Have tried traps, with some success in getting a couple, but there are so many in my yard and the land around us, it's like taking a cup of water out of a pond.
Wife want's me to try the chemicals this year, as long as it don't kill the dog. Don't think it will as it's the same we use on the greens at my golf course. We do post notices to golfers not to lick their balls (golf balls you sicko's) after spraying. Lot's of course dogs guys bring with them and none of them died.
Who knows.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand...

Have never used this style on Gophers, they work well? I've only used those wooden box types or just wait at the hole and shoot em..

Excellent on Gophers. I use the Gophinator brand which looks just like yours but a little bigger. Use a big kitchen spoon to find where the tunnel starts, follow the tunnel into the main run entrance. Set the trap at the exit just under the ground and leave the hole open. When the gopher feels the fresh air coming in, they will enter the trap trying to plug up the hole. Probably trapped 200 since living here almost 30 years. Be sure to anchor the traps so the gopher can't drag the trap back down the tunnel.
The 12ga with #2 shot is much more fun though.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to use a tablespoon of carbide (for carbide Lamps) and some water and gas them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you even buy carbide any more? I know it's used to make acetylene, but I don't see it in the hardware stores anymore. Of course carbide head lamps aren't in vogue anymore either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom