Moles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, that is the ingredient, now the Lefties are almost making it illegal to purchase laundry soap with it as an ingredient. Especially dish washing powders that were changed a couple years ago. I found a source for small quantities of a commercial product that works like the old ones.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Phosphates, actually, not elemental phosphorus (note: do not play with elemental phosphorus). And it's trivial to acquire as an industrial cleanser: http://amzn.to/2q1a6Fm
$10 for 4.5 lb. You can also add just a touch to dishwashing powder, etc. to get the performance we used to get when the stuff still contained phosphates.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, but figured I'd throw this out there in case some folks are still having mole problems. My soil is very sandy, and the moles have been going crazy with all the rain lately. I've trapped 4 in the last two days using just one trap which I bought from TSC a few years back. The last one was in my garden, and he was a sneaky little bastid.

The sandy loam in the garden is so soft that earlier today I was pushing a piece of rebar 2' down in the ground with little effort. Around the corn, the top few inches was even looser. Using two old mower blades to spread out the pressure/weight of the trap, I was able to set the trap and nail him. This is my first year gardening, and between hail, crazy wind and a few FEET of rain I'm not going to let the moles finish it off!

Here's a pic to show the trap, how I set it, and the culprit. Hope this helps somebody.

IMG_0083.JPG

And here's a pic of the garden just cause I'm proud of it.

IMG_0082.JPG

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trapped #9 on Friday morning. My Great Pyrenees has got in on the sweet sweet mole killing action as well. She's caught four in the last two weeks. Well, four that I know of. After playing with them for a while she eats them whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty impressive to teach a dog to hunt moles. Cats can do it, but dogs are usually too impatient to sit still.

Killed another mole in the garden running a tunnel up and down a row of squash. Got it, but had a man down in the process, Broke my hoe handle. Saw it pushing up the tunnel and was Determined to not let it get away. I might have been a little overzealous in my hoe swing....but it was worth it.!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used all sorts of traps and never caught one mole. But I'm going to try again using the techniques some of you suggested. I go out and buy the trap and no one tells me specifically how to use them. But the neighbor lady next to us is always catching them ugly creatures. They're blind and for the life of me I can't figure out how a male and female get together when one is two houses down and the other is the same distance away and they can't see squat. They must have some sort of telegraph system since there aren't any cell phones their size yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom